Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Unlocking

Options
  • 06-06-2011 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi Just wondering if I take my blackberry with me will I be able to use it in oz? Is there much hassle changing network or getting it unlocked for a different network? Don't really fancy buying a new one,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Once unlocked should work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Princess_N wrote: »
    Is there much hassle changing network or getting it unlocked for a different network?

As Hussey says, no problems once unlocked. You will have to unlock it though. You'll probably need to ring your provider and ask them for the unlock code. Simple enough if you've fulfilled your contract for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Great thanks, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peadaz

Princess_N wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering if I take my blackberry with me will I be able to use it in oz? Is there much hassle changing network or getting it unlocked for a different network? Don't really fancy buying a new one,

Thanks

Why not get it unlocked before you go ? Most phone places can do it and that way you know that you can take it with you then !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Peadaz wrote: »
    Why not get it unlocked before you go ? Most phone places can do it and that way you know that you can take it with you then !!!!

I will get it unlocked before I go, Just wanted to make sure it would still work in Australia, Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement