Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very chilly Tuesday-Wednesday with rain and risk of hill snow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'm expecting rainfalls from tonight to about Friday to total 40-60 mms in Connacht

Already looking quite active on radar in western parts of Galway and Mayo.

It sure is :( Piddling down in Connemara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Ah serves me right for neglecting the weather forum for 24 hours... look what happens :p Talk of snow.... I know I know, hills, high elevations etc etc but is JUNE and we get to talk about SNOW :D:D:D:D:D

(Jeese should have known it was coming cause my heating broke down!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Only a foot, and only for a couple of days, ah sure we cant all be winners. Maybe youll have more luck next year!:pac:

Some things never change lol, Still Nacho got more snow than 99.9% of people on this forum in the Mid December snowfall.

war will break out if this should happen. you'll be made to feel as if you control the weather? are you ready for it senor pangea?:pac:

If theres a winter like 47 I will be too busy clearing the roads for the local beer trucks to worry about a war on the forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

really wintry night here in kerry very heavy showers sounds like hailstone but i doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Big bloody hail in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

few inches of snow would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Pangea wrote: »
    Some things never change lol, Still Nacho got more snow than 99.9% of people on this forum in the Mid December snowfall.

/troll hat on
    Ah yes, the mid-december fall, i have some recolection of that..pffft, totally dwarfed by the falls in the east at the end of november and around christmas
    /troll hat off.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

jessie37 wrote: »
    really wintry night here in kerry very heavy snow showers sounds like hailstone but i doubt it

Anybody else read it like that^ first time round? If only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Some rumbles in Athlone now.

• Advertisement

I see ME have 1c in places for thursday night and frost. This is June amazing!

/troll hat on
    Ah yes, the mid-december fall, i have some recolection of that..pffft, totally dwarfed by the falls in the east at the end of november and around christmas
    /troll hat off.

/Translation/
    I' totally missed out on the Mid December snowfall but I'm still happy with what I got
    /Translation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The rain is lovely, needed it badly as the drought was getting bad, some of the fields have parts on brows where they are brown from lack of rain.

Min wrote: »
    The rain is lovely, needed it badly as the drought was getting bad, some of the fields have parts on brows where they are brown from lack of rain.

Most of the trees around here are still all burnt from the frost, all brown etc.
    Is there any hope for them or are they dieing?

Anybody else read it like that^ first time round? If only...

:D

No snow but feels very cold tonight.... only 9c here atm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

9 degrees this morning - if the clod ever lifts i'll see if teh hills have snow on them ;)

update: can see the top of the hills now not a sign of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

pissing down here in Leixlip and house was very cold when i woke up, this weather is starting to actually get me down at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

INSTALLING SUMMER.....
    ███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
    Install delayed....please wait.
    Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Season not found. Season "Summer" cannot be located. The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again..

Hahahha. LMAO. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

+1 for the above :)

Weirdly enough today is okay, its milder than yesterday, less windy and the skies are clearing (for how long is another matter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Most of the trees around here are still all burnt from the frost, all brown etc.
    Is there any hope for them or are they dieing?

If they are native species I would think they will get new regrowth.

Everything needs some warm, close and thundery weather...

• Advertisement

Well spotted my first ever June snow today, the tip of the hill is white (I mean the very tip) but its snow none the less, had to look at it a few times to figure out was it cloud or snow, you wouldn't notice it unless you where looking for it (Which I was) :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Well spotted my first ever June snow today, the tip of the hill is white (I mean the very tip) but its snow none the less, had to look at it a few times to figure out was it cloud or snow, you wouldn't notice it unless you where looking for it (Which I was) :P.

What mountain was it? How high is it? That would be a strange sight for June alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Min wrote: »

Everything needs some warm, close and thundery weather...

Bring it on. This polar gunk is just abject trash.

What mountain was it? How high is it? That would be a strange sight for June alright!

Well It's not really a mountain. Its 500m.
    There's quite a few hills together so hard to distinguish which one, however I'm nearly certain its this one.
    http://mountainviews.ie/mv/index.php?mtnindex=453

Edit: The title suggests it is a mountain
    As I said it wasn't proper white stuff, but it had a little white coating at the top, nothing worth talking about in normal winter months but this is summertime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭cml387

Could anyone post up the record minimum June temperature for Ireland?

Driving home this evening, some serious hailstone! Impossible to see the road.... really wouldn't believe its June right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It could also have been hail on the hill Pangea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Couldnt see any of the mountains this morning with the low cloud, guessing Errigal, Muckish etc had snow if that one at 500m did. Been in Letterkenny all day so no mountains visible from here

Su Campu wrote: »
    It could also have been hail on the hill Pangea?

Possible yes, but looked more like snow.

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Couldnt see any of the mountains this morning with the low cloud, guessing Errigal, Muckish etc had snow if that one at 500m did. Been in Letterkenny all day so no mountains visible from here

Should be alright, although last winter I seen these hills white when some of the bluestacks which are higher than 500ms had none.
    Looking over now and there is none, the patch I seen earlier probably only lasted a short while.

Advertisement