Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best airline miles / reward credit card in Ireland

Options
  • 06-06-2011 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I am looking around for best credit card in Ireland to collect air miles.
    I am with MBNA Ryanair at the moment, but redeeming anything from Ryanair is a pain. Most times, it costs you more than their online fares on the same day. I fly BA and AirFrance KLM most times, but all their programs are with AMEX and you have to have a bank account in the UK or France (that can be done, the AMEX piece sucks, not that well accepted in Europe).

Anyone knows of a good reward credit card in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-partners-390/

Don't have a card but find Flying Blue's a decent program, their promo awards are generous and I'd love to see 'em buy Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alexboard

That might be the ultimate solution alright, right now I am stuck with what we have and no luck in a true reward credit card.

Thks for link, loads abroad, didn't get any luck on cards for Ireland yet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cavanman112

There was a skymiles Delta Airlines Visa card that was run by MBNA but I got a letter a few months ago telling me that I can't get skymiles anymore and they are parting company with delta and that the next card issued will be a standard MBNA gold card, so balls to that. I'm on the hunt for an Airline reward card too but as far as I can see there absolutly nothing out there for the Paddys !

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

It's not looking good either. I tried the international bank account route + UK card but am hitting walls also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alexboard

Just found out that my business AMEX card has a reward program and points are transferable to BA or Airfrance/KLM but not sure which bank does AMEX for personal cards in Ireland and then again, in Europe AMEX is rather useless, half of the places don't accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 stauntj

I currently have a credit card with ulster bank and i get reward points to the value of 0.5%, so 50 cent for every 100 euro I spend. I can then spend the money on ebookers(or argos and other retailers) Its better than nothing but i came on your thread to find something better because half a percent is quite lousy in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No developments here I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Any updates?

Feel free to commence a new thread on this.

Thread Closed,
    kerry4sam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement