Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Level fees & Clare CoCo

Options
  • 06-06-2011 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

I applied last August 2010 to the higher education grant office in clare coco, I was supposed to receive a rebate on some of the fees I paid directly to UL, 1750 to UL, 1500 returned to me.
    Its june 2011 now, I have been through my first year in college. UL will be looking for their fee's for second year now soon, which have gone up 2000+

Still nothing from Clare coco, every 2 months or so they will send me out a letter asking to prove I'm still attending UL, even got another on in May after I had finished all my exams, and had to go into UL student admin office again even tho Im off for the summer...Then I hand delivered the letter to the grant office in Ennis, and have heard nothing since.

To me it seems like a deliberate attack on people, they are totally taking the piss, I'm sure they are hoping people drop out and they dont have to pay out..wtf is going on.

Anybody else in the same boat :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

iPwnage wrote: »
    I applied last August 2010 to the higher education grant office in clare coco, I was supposed to receive a rebate on some of the fees I paid directly to UL, 1750 to UL, 1500 returned to me.
    Its june 2011 now, I have been through my first year in college. UL will be looking for their fee's for second year now soon, which have gone up 2000+

Still nothing from Clare coco, every 2 months or so they will send me out a letter asking to prove I'm still attending UL, even got another on in May after I had finished all my exams, and had to go into UL student admin office again even tho Im off for the summer...Then I hand delivered the letter to the grant office in Ennis, and have heard nothing since.

To me it seems like a deliberate attack on people, they are totally taking the piss, I'm sure they are hoping people drop out and they dont have to pay out..wtf is going on.

Anybody else in the same boat :mad:

Go in and ask the grant section yourself... More chance of a responce from them than a forum?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Carazy wrote: »
    Go in and ask the grant section yourself... More chance of a responce from them than a forum?!!!

He's only asking has this happened anyone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Have dealt with the finance office in Clare co council with regard to a grant and I honestly couldn't praise them enough,very helpful I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I applied last year and they kept sending out letters looking for more info, like the same stuff I had already sent in but several different forms of it. I got the impression that they were trying to make me think it was too much trouble and give up but I kept at it and eventually got it. From then on though they were grand and usually the first in with the cheques. Had no experience with them being late with payments.

Advertisement