Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgmnt Fee's

Options
  • 06-06-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I don't want to reopen an old can of worms, so was just looking for a quick reply rather than a full on debate :D

After paying the Mgmnt Fee's this year, the bus service was withdrawn. At the time I was led to believe that fee's will be recalculated removing the cost of 9 months bus service. I haven't heard anything since then. Does anybody know if we will be reimbursed this year?

Its nigh impossible to get a response from the management company on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Not sure, I know the wyse no longer represent the wood

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Not sure, I know the wyse no longer represent the wood

Since when? First I have heard of this and I am in the wood.

As far as I know our fees for this year included the discount already.
    Are you sure the amount you paid did not include the reduction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There was somebody from Kennedy Wright at the last AGM. It looks like they're taking over as Agents for the mgt Co. It wasn't finalised at the AGM, if fact it was still very much up in the air and nothing had been agreed at that stage.

As for the reimbursement of the fees, it may be that it will be credited to next year's fees if you haven't already received a refund. I've not actually looked into it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

We're in the Wood and pay quarterly. They didn't actually send us the bill for the first quarter until the bus was gone, so we saw a reduction (I think). However, by delaying the billing, we had 2 quarterly payments back-to-back as the 2nd quarter payment was due the following month. Fun fun fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

We were invoiced prior to the new that the bus service was being withdrawn. I remember when the letter was sent re the removal of the service, they stated the various savings for each of the management companies....I assumed that we would be reimbursed somehow...

Perhaps, they will discount next year. But I suppose then it becomes very difficult to know exactly how much we will get and are owed.....muddy waters. Also, I was wondering, if that was the case, will the pay interest on what they owe us since they seem to be very fast to add interest to residents who delay their fee payment.

Anyway, it's frustrating that I cannot get an answer from them one way or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi Langerland, are the agents just not speaking to you (not returning phone calls or replying to written letters)? If you're not managing to get a response, maybe try getting in contact with the committee; there's some contact emails in the stickies you might find useful.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Jimjay wrote: »
    Since when? First I have heard of this and I am in the wood.

As far as I know our fees for this year included the discount already.
    Are you sure the amount you paid did not include the reduction?

I sent wyse a cheque last week and they sent in back with a note to say that Wright/Kennedy are now the management agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

In the court and just received my bill for the 2nd half of year and it's the exact same for the first half of the year..... despite the cancellation of the bus service.

Can't put my hands on the minutes of this years AGM and wasn't able to attend it, so was just wondering does anyone have any ideas as to how the reduction will be passed on, or if it's being passed on at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

We pay ours quarterly and the reduction was passed through our bill, it was only about 10 euro a quarter though. We are in the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

In the court and just received my bill for the 2nd half of year and it's the exact same for the first half of the year..... despite the cancellation of the bus service.

Can't put my hands on the minutes of this years AGM and wasn't able to attend it, so was just wondering does anyone have any ideas as to how the reduction will be passed on, or if it's being passed on at all??

I was wondering the same thing. Its exactly the same as the 1st half of the year despite the fact that the bus which constituted a large %age of the charge is gone! Grrr management companies!!

And while I'm at it, although its a minor thing, the stationary cost within the fee really gets me. Surely they could reduce that if they printed front and back of the paper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Was expecting a significant reduction, but got none on latest bill. Will not pay until clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Millers02

We got our bill and, as it didn't have the reduction, we emailed the management company who gave us the reply below.

"Many thanks for your email. Following notification of the cancellation of the bus service letters did issue to all owners indicating that there would be a consequent saving on the overall annual budget and that this may be passed on to owners.

At the AGM in March of this year, however, the matter was discussed and in light of the signficant cashflow problem caused by both slow and non-payers of service charges the board indicated a preference to hold on to these funds in the current financial year to ensure that the company retained a strong position into 2012.

The matter will be reviewed again once the status of the debtors can be brought in line with cashflow requirements.

I attach a copy of the AGM minutes which notes the conversation in respect of same.

I hope the above addresses your query. Please don't hesitate to come back to me if you have any further queries."

In the set of minutes that were attached was the following:

“One member questioned why people who pay are subsidising non-payers, but this is never the case as service charges are never written off and the property cannot be sold at any stage without clearing the debts accrued.”

However, to my mind, if the reduction in the fees is not being passed on because some have not paid their fees, then we are subsidising the non-payers unless the next set of fees has the reduction backdated. I will be emailing them for clarification.

Millers02 wrote: »
    However, to my mind, if the reduction in the fees is not being passed on because some have not paid their fees, then we are subsidising the non-payers unless the next set of fees has the reduction backdated. I will be emailing them for clarification.

100% agree.

O'FPM are quick enough to add interest onto a non-paid bill, but when the reduction is due they want to keep it :confused::confused::confused:

This seems a bit unfair to those who do pay.
    Millers02 wrote: »
    the matter was discussed and in light of the signficant cashflow problem caused by both slow and non-payers of service charges the board indicated a preference to hold on to these funds

This is the residents money, not the boards, they can't decide whether to keep it or not :mad::mad:

Maybe if they deducted the saving more people would be able to pay their outstanding fees.

Is there a way residents an over-rule the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

100% agree.

O'FPM are quick enough to add interest onto a non-paid bill, but when the reduction is due they want to keep it :confused::confused::confused:

This seems a bit unfair to those who do pay.

This is the residents money, not the boards, they can't decide whether to keep it or not :mad::mad:

U will find the board are residents as well, you will also find if someone doesn't subsidise it then bills won't get paid ", when bills don't get paid services get cut which may or may not include street lighting, landscaping etc.

The people you should be hounding are the people who don't pay their fees, they force the management companies to make decisions which don't benefit people such as cut the bus service, retain savings, downgrade service subscriptions etc.

U will find the board are residents as well, you will also find if someone doesn't subsidise it then bills won't get paid ", when bills don't get paid services get cut which may or may not include street lighting, landscaping etc.

The people you should be hounding are the people who don't pay their fees, they force the management companies to make decisions which don't benefit people such as cut the bus service, retain savings, downgrade service subscriptions etc.

Our fees are up to date but I don't see how hounding people that have paid much more for their houses than they are currently worth, had pay decreases or lost jobs, who are struggling to pay mortgages and bills is going to help.
    If the board negotiate cheaper prices for services or get rid of services then pass the savings on maybe more people could pay.
    If I was struggling to pay a mortgage I wouldn't think twice about not paying management fee or the people it would affect.

Sorry Matt, but I just find it hard to believe this.
    you will also find if someone doesn't subsidise it then bills won't get paid

I don't believe that for a second. We employ a "Management Company" because they are supposed to be experts in their field. They deal with issues like this everyday all over the country. They know the chances of getting 100% of properties to pay is pretty unlikely, and therefore have a contingency fund in place for such an occasion, i.e. the sinking fund.
    The people you should be hounding are the people who don't pay their fees

To my knowledge (I may be wrong), but this list is not available for general viewing so we will never know who is outstanding. It may be a landlord as opposed to a tenant or actual owner. It isn't going to make a difference to a landlord living in cork who bought an investment property in wicklow that they're outstanding on a management fee. And anyway, again, this is what we pay the Management Co for.

As Jimjay said, if the fees were lower maybe more people could pay. This in turn would result in our payment into the sinking fund actually not being used for funding the non-payers.

I in no way miss the bus service as in my 6 years living here have never used it, and I will welcome all and every method of reducing my fees on an ongoing basis. So when a service gets cut, whether I use it or not, I would expect the saving to passed on, especially in the current economic climate. And with so many people struggling to pay bills and survive i think it's extremely iniquitous for anyone not to pass on a saving, or to even delay it.

To my knowledge (I may be wrong), but this list is not available for general viewing so we will never know who is outstanding

I remember getting a letter that included all the house numbers on the estate that were not up to date with fees. I can understand if people are simply refusing to pay but it's a kick while your down for someone struggling to feed their kids.

As for street lights, heck we pay income tax and road tax for our cars, let that money keep the lights on. Landscaping, a few volunteers from each close can trim the lawns and bushes if things get bad, I know estates this happens on and they always look nice. Maybe we can get the people that can't pay their fees to cut the lawns once a fortnite to make up for it. (instead of paying a board members mate who owns a landscaping company thousands a year)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Jimjay wrote: »
    As for street lights, heck we pay income tax and road tax for our cars, let that money keep the lights on. Landscaping, a few volunteers from each close can trim the lawns and bushes if things get bad, I know estates this happens on and they always look nice. Maybe we can get the people that can't pay their fees to cut the lawns once a fortnite to make up for it. (instead of paying a board members mate who owns a landscaping company thousands a year)

Welcome to fantasy island.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

Pay up and look pleasant, keep your estate free of election posters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I'm not paying until the rates are reduced. If the current crowd decide that the contract is not viable. They will walk away with our overpayment. They've made their saving by cancelling the bus; now let them pass it on. The idea that it is our civic duty to overpay to subsidise non payers is farcical.

I'm not paying until the rates are reduced. If the current crowd decide that the contract is not viable. They will walk away with our overpayment. They've made their saving by cancelling the bus; now let them pass it on. The idea that it is our civic duty to overpay to subsidise non payers is farcical.

I will have no problem holding back next payment until the money saved on bus service is passed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

u guys seems to have misinterperated how the management agents work.

you employ an AGENT to action the duties required to maintain an estate. if you want to be elected to the board of a mangement COMPANY (the estate) you can do so by seeking nomination at your AGM.

if they change agents any overpayment youve made (if any) will be retained in the bank accounts and accounting of the company not the agent.

charlesland is a private estate, i don't believe wicklow co co have taken ownership of the street lighting yet so we all pay for it.

im on the board of directors for one of the estates and i know its not what you want to hear but the companies aren't out to rip you off, the agents howerver tend to over charge for their services.

either which way you will have to pay up in full what you have been invoiced for, otherwise you may not be able to sell your property in the future.

and yes, the majority of estates have published a name and shame of people who haven't payed. also these details are usually gien out during AGMs.

IMO, before you all start giving out again you should attend your AGMs and seek information for your local committees before ranting on here about something you have little or no knowlege about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Millers02

IMO, before you all start giving out again you should attend your AGMs and seek information for your local committees before ranting on here about something you have little or no knowlege about.

I'd be quite happy to attend the AGMs if they weren't held in the evenings - I have young children and a husband who works late. Neither of us is in a position to attend. How about holding them at a weekend when there is a chance that people like us (there are a lot of young families in this estate) can attend?

I believe we, personally, have a good relationship with our management company - any time we have had a question or requested something, they have replied/dealt with the issue promptly (including last week when we emailed them about the latest invoice).

I have no problem paying our fees. I do have a problem with the management company arbitrarily deciding that we should subsidise those who don't pay their fees - for whatever reason. A service we were paying for has been withdrawn. As the management company no longer needs to allocate money to pay for that service, our fees should be reduced accordingly. That is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

Is it really necessary to wash your linen in public ? Its a sad reflection on your estate that residents feel they have to air their grievances over a public forum. Just my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

Matt D is correct above. If anyone is considering non-payment of anything, it should be the universal household charge and property tax considering Charesland gets absoolutely ZERO Council services. I even heard a FG councillor argued that €7000 we were to be charged for gritting of the dual carriageway in December 2010 was reasonable! Don't know if it was paid :mad:

Advertisement