Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tractor trouble

• 06-06-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi everyone,
    i amlooking for advice,some one might be able help!
    my problem is;
    I bought a new tractor in march 2008(cannot give model yet)
    it has done 708 hrs to date and the engine has gone,
    all the bearings on the crank shaft has ran,yes mains and big ends plus 2 con-rods are knackered,
    it got serviced every 200 hrs.
    what rights do i have,
    should i be entitled to a new engine?
    has any1 any suggestions,
    It is one of the main brand tractors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

convoy wrote: »
    hi everyone,
    i amlooking for advice,some one might be able help!
    my problem is;
    I bought a new tractor in march 2008(cannot give model yet)
    it has done 708 hrs to date and the engine has gone,
    all the bearings on the crank shaft has ran,yes mains and big ends plus 2 con-rods are knackered,
    it got serviced every 200 hrs.
    what rights do i have,
    should i be entitled to a new engine?
    has any1 any suggestions,
    It is one of the main brand tractors
    If it's out of warranty you've no rights... dealer should help with labour if your a steady customer
    For that few hrs you hardly needed a new machine anyway!!
    local guy with an mxu 125 had his engine drop a rod and it came out the side, 12k€repair bill and dealer wouldnt help out, bad form......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

If it's out of warranty you've no rights... dealer should help with labour if your a steady customer

That is absolutely incorrect.

You do have come back, but (unfortunately) my experience is you will need to issue proceedings against the garage (and the importer potentially). Given the cost of repair garages and manufacturers tend to be slow to talk business until they are staring down the barrel of a legal action with costs mounting.

From a pragmatic point of view you may choose to pay for the engine yourself first, but if you do make sure you get an assessor to examine the engine before any work is done.

Feel free to PM me if you want any further help. (Disclaimer: I am a solicitor who likes tractors, not touting for business, just offering assistance!)

For that few hrs you hardly needed a new machine anyway!!

Again, with all due respect that is complete nonsense talk. We bought a TS115 back in 2000, and it has only 3500 hours, and is still like a new tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we bought a new tractor in 2000, after 12 hours the clutch went , we paid nothing to get it fixed ... we bought a 390t in 1993 and after a short time the block went , i cant remember specifically but will ask my da, we got a good rate on the block and got a different garage to fit it... will find out the details later who paid what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Don't be such a teaser;) Tell us the make and model. You couldn't want any other one of us to invest in such trouble. I'd say its green somehow.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

My bet is on New Holland. If I remember right, they sourced inferior engine bearings in China there a while back.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

my guess is blue aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

whelan1 wrote: »
    we bought a new tractor in 2000, after 12 hours the clutch went , we paid nothing to get it fixed ... we bought a 390t in 1993 and after a short time the block went , i cant remember specifically but will ask my da, we got a good rate on the block and got a different garage to fit it... will find out the details later who paid what
    i am not a mechanically minded person:D my da said some thing came loose in the engine and a piston went up through the head , we had the tractor less than a year , garage paid 50% for a small block , we paid labour , got a neighbour who is a mechanic to do the work

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kennedy138

i would say red and you wouldnt be the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

kennedy138 wrote: »
    i would say red and you wouldnt be the first
    If it's green it's got to be seen, if it's red leave it in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭raher1

if you give the name and model other people may had same trouble,tractordata.com or co.uk gives info on tractors. i would check your warranty. good placce to start.it will tell if your with in a time frame is in parts etc. i'd play it cool with dealer have a quiet word in a office. check ur consumer rights on citzen advise website or go to an office.loads of help out there.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

a jaysus lads its never ared one them things happen too.there the best.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭denis086

Would i be right in saying this is a nh/case i know they came out not long after we had ours to replace a pipe onto the turbo they used crack and send all manner of things into the engine! I know the mechanic said the engines used be a write off after it anyway. he had a list and they were working their way through them all so must have been a pretty major fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 convoy

Hi guys,thanks for all the replies,i didnt have a chance to reply,I got a new engine from the dealer so i am happy out,took a bit of persuasion though,denis you were right "a red one"
    its a basic jx and i thought the fiat engine was bullet proof,turns out the oil pump is weak and it starved the crank of oil,what a week

Advertisement