Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on bitches behavoiur

• 06-06-2011 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Mam has two un-neutered bithces puppy 7months and a 3year old. now we have only had the 3year old for about a year,but she's started to display the oddest behaviour.

She has a toy that she has over the last week become obsessed with carries it everywhere in her mouth and freaks out if she cant find it!! she's become aggresive toward the puppy if she goes near the toy too!

the pup is just coming into heat would this have anything to do with it?
    It's like older dog it treating the toy as a pup! Quite upsetting to see really.

FYI they'll be both getting neutered as soon as puppy is finished her heat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

When did the adult last have a season? It is possible that she could be having a phantom pregnancy. Or, as you say, she could be reacting to the pup coming into season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Sounds like my eldest bitch. Basically sees the toy as her puppy.

My one used to do this all the time with one chew toy. Recently found it after taking it from here 5 odd years ago and as soon as she saw it she started "mothering" it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Def sounds like a phantom pregnancy to me. Was she in season a few weeks ago?

Advertisement