Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialler for Aritech cs350

Options
  • 06-06-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Can a mobile dialler be installed in one of these?

If so any idea what i need to get and rough cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes.
    There are a number of stand alone diallers out there at the moment. Some need a phone line and others are GSM. Prices range quite a bit so shop around. Check out this list and maybe give a few of them a call tomorrow http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thanks fred.

Just need something to send a txt message. Any recommendations?

No phone line so has to be a gsm type

Expect to pay anything from 200 to 340 from the Irish wholesalers.

I installed one of these a while ago http://www.pyronix.com/v2gsm-speech-dialler.php I used the speech option instead of the text which phones you up a plays a pre recorded message. it's really easy to set up too.

I got it from Condor in Ballymount 01 4097734, the lads in there are great to deal with. Ask for Paul or Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Can a mobile dialler be installed in one of these?

If so any idea what i need to get and rough cost?

I would also recommend using this GSM, it can do voice or text. Cost of the GSM is 275 Euro. I would also think about upgrading the panel as the outputs on the CS350 are limited to what you can set them up for.

For little over 500 quid you could have a the new HKC Securewave panel with their GSM which would give you text commands for Arm/disarm remotely. Well worth the extra few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The pyronix unit looks good. Plenty options

Is it easy enough to connect to the cs350?

What about powering it? Does it take it from the alarm unit battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    The pyronix unit looks good. Plenty options

Is it easy enough to connect to the cs350?

What about powering it? Does it take it from the alarm unit battery?

Compared to most it is. Thats correct, it uses the 12v supply off the alarm system. The only problem you will have is you wont get a text off the GSM relating to options not covered in the CS350 outputs, thats why I suggested upgrading. For the extra money the HKC Securewave panel and HKC GSM would be the better option.

Advertisement