Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky have no clue about the BBC Freq Change.

• 06-06-2011 1:43pm

My Sky HD box is showing "No Signal " on the box since the freq change, so I contacted SKy Ireland.

Surprise Surprise, I knew more than them.

I informed them of the message, the first thing they asked.

"Do you have bad Weather?"

No I said, I then stated how other people were having these problems and its likely due to the BBC channel freq changes.

"What?"

So i explained to the person the new changes made by the BBC today.

"I didnt know that"

So I was then told to a software update.

Shock horror no change.

Rang Sky back.

"oh, it looks like something is not right with your box, you will need a engineer to come down and look at your box but this will cost you as your out of warranty."

FFS, are Sky for real? What are we supposed to do now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is this on Other channels or on the EPG itself ?

greendom wrote: »
    Is this on Other channels or on the EPG itself ?

BBCHD on the EPG and I cant BBC ONE HD on other channels.

They wanted to charge me €80 for a call out fee for an engineer visit!

I said for €80 I could buy Freesat HD box and get BBC ONE HD and Channel 4 HD, ITV HD with no hassles and a full EPG!

I then hung up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

The freq change today is so minimal you shouldn't notice. They were only on both bbc hd channels and an encrypted itvhd. Are you getting any channels?
    Just noticed they can't be added manually on sky box as they now have 23000 symbol rate.

tomslick wrote: »
    The freq change today is so minimal you shouldn't notice. They were only on both bbc hd channels and an encrypted itvhd. Are you getting any channels?
    Just noticed they can't be added manually on sky box as they now have 23000 symbol rate.

Getting all channels as normal, just not BBC ONE HD on other channels, (Knew we might loose that anyhow) and Im not getting BBCHD on the EPG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

How odd. Some Sky boxes work but not others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Do you have an older box? I have the 890 Amstrad and all is fine on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

mad muffin wrote: »
    Do you have an older box? I have the 890 Amstrad and all is fine on the box.
    I have an Amstrad 780UK and no BBCHD on the EPG...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Just checked mine there.. BBC HD ok on EPG and still have BBC1 HD on other channels. I have a Samsung box with latest software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have an Amstrad 780UK and no BBCHD on the EPG...

Do you have an HD sub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

mad muffin wrote: »
    Do you have an HD sub?
    Yes I do, BBC HD is there on the EPG but I just get 'No satellite signal is being received' when I select a programme. All other HD is ok and BBC1 & 2 are ok.

Advertisement