Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese work.

Options
  • 06-06-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommended an artist that specializes in Japanese style tattooing.

Im based in Dublin, near the city center, I know there are a shed load of studios in town but I thought it might be best to ask here before hand.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If you want the best work I would not limit yourself to Dublin studios. In my opinion probably the two most accomplished guys working in the japanese style in Ireland at the moment are Chris Crooks (White Dragon Tattoo in Belfast) and Joe Myler in Waterford (not exclusively a Japanese style artist).

A cheap Ryanair / Aer Lingus flight over to the UK is always an option ... that will open up another host of artists to you like Kanae, Ian Flower, Mo Coppoletta, Stewart Robson, Richard Pinch, Alex Reinke and others. I got my sleeves, chest, leg done in London. It's worth investing given that you'll carry the tattoo for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

If you want the best work I would not limit yourself to Dublin studios. In my opinion probably the two most accomplished guys working in the japanese style in Ireland at the moment are Chris Crooks (White Dragon Tattoo in Belfast) and Joe Myler in Waterford (not exclusively a Japanese style artist).

A cheap Ryanair / Aer Lingus flight over to the UK is always an option ... that will open up another host of artists to you like Kanae, Ian Flower, Mo Coppoletta, Stewart Robson, Richard Pinch, Alex Reinke and others. I got my sleeves, chest, leg done in London. It's worth investing given that you'll carry the tattoo for life.

Cheers man, have you got any pictures of your ink I could see?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Sure, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sorry to bump.

Has anyone else got any recommendations of studios to look at in Dublin?

http://www.dublinarttattoo.com/index.php#mi=1&pt=0&pi=1&s=0&p=-1&a=0&at=0
    Am going to drop into this guy during the week on my lunch to see what he says.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I dont know how long the train from Dublin to Belfast takes but it should not be too long to put you off going to Chris Crooks in White Dragon, he is going to be one of the true masters of Japanese tattooing. His work has been praised by both Shige and Philip Leu. Ring on monday and you might just get an appointment for next May or June but once your name is down you might be lucky enough to snap up a cancellation on short notice, he advertises these on his facebook page.
    If you are going to get a Japanese tattoo you should not settle for anything but the best available and while Chris is available you should not settle for anything less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

Just as BlackEdelweiss said, Chris Crooks of White Dragon is definitely the best on our shores at the Japanese discipline of tattooing. He has one the best portfolios i have ever laid eyes on. I have over 8 hour done on my sleeve by him, his work speaks for itself, his style and work is almost identical to SHIGE. Look no further my friend. If you book straight away you will get in for March, (i was in the studio Wednesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

Also Joe Myler and the guys from colorworks (people i got refered to) japanese tattooing is average at best.

Advertisement