Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange light in sky last night

• 06-06-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Between 1.30-1.45am in the city.
    It was visible for about 5 minutes,silent,orange diamond shape descending slowly
    whilst moving sidewards.It then continued upwards until the light disappeared.
    It was definetely not the movement of a plane or a chopper as it was also silent.
    is it likely to be a satellite or something logical.

P.S I was not the only witness and not on the Jamaican woodbines:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I saw similar at about 3.30, probably just a satelite (the cynic in me says otherwise!)

chineese lantern

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local/revealed_the_strange_mystery_of_a_limerick_ufo_and_how_it_was_solved_1_2191584

Hi,
    I did a bit of googling and came up with this article from the Limerick Leader.
    Seems satellites can reflect sunlight to earth.Don't have to worry about being probed.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whatever it is it should bring 10 million into the city

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

I was going home last night at 12am,and i never saw the sky in such a colour before.It was sea blue as if it was goin to get bright at any minute.I was very drunk also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

It was almost certainly a Chinese lantern.

red-chinese-lanterns-at-night.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I believe it were rock'n'roll lovin' aliens!

/hillbilly

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Chinese lanterns sounds very plausible.Seems there have been alot of these spotted around the country according to web reports.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I remember being in the Arann Islands this time last year and people were setting them off there. We could see others flying up from Clare and Galway as well. They were supposed to be in honour of one of the local patron saints, but it ended up being a phase for the whole summer!

I remember being in the Arann Islands this time last year and people were setting them off there. We could see others flying up from Clare and Galway as well. They were supposed to be in honour of one of the local patron saints, but it ended up being a phase for the whole summer!

Thats what happens when they sell them off for €2 in Topaz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

My dad set a few of these off in the back garden a while back for a couple of my young cousins. Fecking wind took it right into the neighbours big bushy tree where it burned for about 10 minutes. I don't know how the thing didn't catch fire!!

Moral of the story: only let them off where you have loads of space!!

Advertisement