Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Cycles

Options
  • 06-06-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Bought a bike for my teenage son from the Euro cycles on the Long mile Road.

I may as well put 400 euro down the drain :mad:

The bike has had punctures every single time he goes on it, brought it back they said much be riding it off track, which i think he means not on the main foot path. ITS A BMX thats what they are suppose to be used for.

So I brought it back again (which is miles away from my home) they said nothing they can do fixed the puncture again.

Staff are unreal, dont and cant answer straight questions.

The bike is 6 months old.
    Apart from buying another bike is their anything I can do??
    IF YOUR BUYING A BIKE dont go here unless you have money to burn.

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Maybe look at buying better puncture proof tyres?

Is there such a thing??

Off to google lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

take both tyres off and check the inside of both for sharp objects, also check the rim of the wheel for spoke poking through or any sharp edges that may be puncturing the tube.
    If there is nothing there and he keeps getting punctures...well he is just really unlucky!!

sausages79 wrote: »
    take both tyres off and check the inside of both for sharp objects, also check the rim of the wheel for spoke poking through or any sharp edges that may be puncturing the tube.
    If there is nothing there and he keeps getting punctures...well he is just really unlucky!!

Yea we did that :confused:
    Thanks a mill anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

What are the punctures being caused by?

If its sharp objects / nails etc, I can't see how Eurocycles can do anything whatsoever about this - you just need to find better terrain.

Back in the day (long long time ago) I always carried a puncture repair kit with me. 10 minutes is all it takes and bicycle punctures did and obviously still do happen quite frequently. - Its quite easy to fix them and all the tools needed are contained in a small box.

If he had to fix them instead of getting his dad to drive miles to the bike shop, he'd probably be a little more careful with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Also make sure you have the tyres pumped up enough, if not then he'll 'pinch' the tube every time he hits a bump or a kerb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

OP - why do you think it's their fault that the bike keeps getting punctures? Punctures are caused from cycling over objects such as nails, glass, screws, tacs, etc. How can they control that? It makes no sense that you're blaming them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Oh dear. Your teenage son should be well able to repair his own punctures.

Driving back to the store every time he gets one is complete madness.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Oh dear. Your teenage son should be well able to repair his own punctures.

Driving back to the store every time he gets one is complete madness.

He is able to but I was bringing it back because it is happening every time he goes on the bike and they said bring it back if it happens again...hence I did :)

OP - why do you think it's their fault that the bike keeps getting punctures? Punctures are caused from cycling over objects such as nails, glass, screws, tacs, etc. How can they control that? It makes no sense that you're blaming them.

I have asked them is there anything I can do/buy etc to stop or help.

The bike has not been cycled more then 10 at one time since it was bought.

:)

• Advertisement

Justask wrote: »
    I have asked them is there anything I can do/buy etc to stop or help.

The bike has not been cycled more then 10 at one time since it was bought.

:)

10 minutes *

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I fail to see how its the shops fault that your BMX is getting punctures? Also, without being pedantic, there are different types of BMX, most are designed to be used on concrete,not off road.

maxer68 wrote: »
    What are the punctures being caused by?

If its sharp objects / nails etc, I can't see how Eurocycles can do anything whatsoever about this - you just need to find better terrain.

Back in the day (long long time ago) I always carried a puncture repair kit with me. 10 minutes is all it takes and bicycle punctures did and obviously still do happen quite frequently. - Its quite easy to fix them and all the tools needed are contained in a small box.

If he had to fix them instead of getting his dad to drive miles to the bike shop, he'd probably be a little more careful with it.

He does fix them???

His MUM goes back to shop of HER own accord. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Justask wrote: »
    He does fix them???

His MUM goes back to shop of HER own accord. :)

Yes, my missus does that and I stay in the car face-palming until she comes out.:o

Advertisement