Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real value of this house?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

You want to back that statement with some figures please?

At least I tried.

Why would you have a €400 car loan?

If the car had been saved and bought in cash, there is another €400 saving on top of your €500.

If a person is going to purchase short-medium term luxuries on interest then clearly they do not have a priortiy of saving for a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭user1842

lainey316 wrote: »
    Ah, I had married with children because of your other assumptions (i.e. kids), which brought it to the 3964 net. Assuming unmarried with kids it's 3801.

A car costs €500+ per month on top of your car loan assumption of €400? Glad I don't have one then!

I think someone on 80k coming out with that little savings would want to re-evaluate their approach to money tbh. But that's just my opinion.

Sorry should not have said kids on my first post. All calculations based on a single person.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Why would you have a €400 car loan?

If the car had been saved and bought in cash, there is another €400 saving on top of your €500.

If a person is going to purchase short-medium term luxuries on interest then clearly they do not have a priortiy of saving for a deposit.

Where are you going to get the cash from to buy a car?

If you need a car for work you dont have that luxury.

A car is short-medium term luxury, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Where are you going to get the cash from to buy a car?

If you need a car for work you dont have that luxury.

A car is short-medium term luxury, really.

Using your figure of a €400 repayment, on a credit union car loan at 6% for 5 years would give a amount of €22,000.

Why would you need a car of €22k to get to work?
    Surely you could get one for €5k?

This is going really off topic but it is not remotely difficult for a person on 80k a year to save €500+ a month.
    Unless that person purchases a lot of luxuries and in that case, their priorites are clearly elsewhere.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Using your figure of a €400 repayment, on a credit union car loan at 6% for 5 years would give a amount of €22,000.

Why would you need a car of €22k to get to work?
    Surely you could get one for €5k?

This is going really off topic but it is not remotely difficult for a person on 80k a year to save €500+ a month.
    Unless that person purchases a lot of luxuries and in that case, their priorites are clearly elsewhere.

Car was 12000 over 3 years. Anyway off topic now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Comeon guys- less of the bickering- its of only very peripheral to the OPs question.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

You would want to be mentally deranged to pay anywhere near €250,000 for ANY two-bed gaff in Rialto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

You would want to be mentally deranged to pay anywhere near €250,000 for ANY two-bed gaff in Rialto.
    Particularly when you there are 4 or so 3 beds around the corner for between 199K and 240.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Is OP joking? Try 175k and I still say no because of the location.

Advertisement