Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Student Card please

Options
  • 06-06-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I did not know where this should go so I just put it here.

I need a student card badly soon and I do not know where or how to get one.

Im living in Cork and plan to travel in July around Ireland using Bus Eireann and the prices drop significantly if I have a Student Card, Im 18 so I could use with is dearly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

primary school student ??

all third level student get their cards from their colleges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

You can print off a form from the link below, and have your school or college stamp it.

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/

Bus Éireann will accept a college student card (which the college will issue you with anyway) but Iarnród Éireann, Dublin Bus and the Luas require the official student travel card linked above (which available to 2nd level students as well as 3rd level).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ItsChip

Thanks Niles for providing a mature answer. Ive never recieved or even heard from my college. Il get them to stamp this, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

You say you intend to travel around the country a bit during the summer, there's some multi-day rover type tickets available that might be of use to you. There's no student rate for them but depending on the amount of travelling you're doing it might be cheaper than buying individual tickets every day.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=173

Advertisement