Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently Active Users.. Aka procrastinators :P

• 06-06-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

Sooo.. I was casually browsing Boards while studying >_> and it dawned on me that:

196 (34 members & 162 guests) are viewing the Leaving Cert forum currently..

I would say go study but then I'd be a hypocrite..

PS: Making this thread was great procrastination..

So, tell us the tales of your procrastination? :)

My greatest attempt was that yesterday I made an apple pie rather than studying.. I have no idea why..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Junai_Dahma

*sniffs*
    Well, actually, I'm on a STUDY BREAK.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheRepeat

Ahhh what haven't I done to procastinate? Cleaned my bedroom a million times, went for walks to 'clear my head', baked cupcakes, cooked dinner, hoovered the house and, without doubt, trawled through Boards and Facebook. It makes me feel great seeing how many of us procrastinators there is. We'd give Hamlet a run for his money! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Same... Since yesterday...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I was shocked by the amount of people online. Perhaps some are searching in vain for whats coming up?

I like to tell myself that by answering other peoples questions on subjects, Im actually testing myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sheesh people... Have you never heard of multitasking?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

We have a piano downstairs that my sister used to play. I decided to mess around on it one day to avoid study. I now know 5 songs on it without having played it before! They're not too shabby either :P. I have my computer on in front of me as I study as, every so often, I really do need to look up something for engineering/geography etc. I do look through a few posts on my breaks though!

It's gotten even higher now! :pac:

241 (38 members & 203 guests)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

I helped my family move house on Friday/Saturday. Then packed up all my stuff even though I'm not moving house until the end of June. :rolleyes: Hoovered the stairs, organised about a million sheets of paper, trawled through boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm doing it to get into Hamlet's mindset so I can really identify with him for English Paper 2. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I've just finished making Rice Krispie buns. Totally productive. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 PoisonIvy

I'm listening to tchaikovsky while on the this, and have convinced myself this counts as music study

flyaway. wrote: »
    I've just finished making Rice Krispie buns. Totally productive. :D

Om nom nom I hope they were white ones..

I've just put my dinner on so I plan on studying when it's done! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    241 (38 members & 203 guests)

I'd say the night before English paper 2 there will be even more online. I'm guessing well over 200 guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

I take comfort from the fact other people are on here and I feel less bad about not studying as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

NotExactly wrote: »
    I'd say the night before English paper 2 there will be even more online. I'm guessing over 100 guests.

How does that make sense? When there's 203 guests on now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Digits wrote: »
    How does that make sense? When there's 203 guests on now? :confused:

Maybe he forgot a 0? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Well between yesterday and today I have completed one fifth of my over posts on boards....... Two days before the leaving cert :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

This is basically me for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I've... Gone on boards. Just finished off a fruitloaf too, if that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Everyone talks about cleaning their rooms when they're procrastinating but im the opposite.
    My form of studying seems to take the form of finding sheets related to what im supposed to be studying and them scattering them across the floor.

It's a queer mess alright, can't wait til the leavings over just so i can walk freely in the dark without slipping on Hopkins biography.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Like, I've done the work for the 2 years so I'm not feeling too worried about anything. I know what I know now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nicenri

Watching Pirates of the Caribbean and telling my parents its a source of inspiration for English paper 1. Don't know what I'll say when I go to watch home and away later.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

nicenri wrote: »
    Watching Pirates of the Caribbean and telling my parents its a source of inspiration for English paper 1. Don't know what I'll say when I go to watch home and away later.

Australia is a case study for geography.
    Even if ya don't do it just let on.

I convinced my parents that i was learning ratios with the K/D in COD.

nicenri wrote: »

You're listening to their dialect in case they pop up in one of your aurals..

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Always amazes me when people are like: zomg you're on the internet you should be studying...

Can hardly study every minute of the day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Procrastinating? Hm let's start from the beginning... aka, 5th year.
    So, I missed an average of 1/3 of all my classes throughout 5th year, and when I decided to give my teachers the honor of showing up for their class, I showed up with nothing more than a maximum of 2 books for the day, maximum 2 copies (although THATS an overestimation), and the occasional pen...

6th year started out okay... I did some study in October, all for nothing as i've obviously forgotten all about it. To date, I only actually bought 1 exam paper, altho I do own 2 :)... I do own all the books tho... so many that i wish I actually didnt.
    And altho I did decide to buy more copies in 2011, I thought they looked better in my shelves, unused and undamaged. In other words, I own 1 Geography Copy, which was actually very neat until I started to use it for every other subject (except maths), and most importantly, notes to send to friends during class.

Conclusion? I have to learn off 3 effing books for History in the space of 1 week most of it 100% from scratch (since the only classes I payed attention to throughout the year was Geography, i'm learning most things in the other subjects by scratch, no joke)... 4 initially, but i'm leaving out 1 of them. I have to learn off section 2 and 3 of Biology, a lot of it from scratch. I have to study a crap load of vocabulary and grammar for French, and i'm THIS fekin close to failing Foundation Maths. Altho that's not entirely my fault, as I havent a clue about PM, and was well able to pass Ordinary Maths before.
    Geography i'll pass.. and English I HAVE to pass. Dropped down from Higher level just to minimize the amount of stuff I have to learn... so I can focus on History (well, that was the plan, but from the looks of it, it's so I can have more time to watch my totally enlightening tv soaps)

So lads, still feeling bad about your 10 minute break? From all that, it might seem like I dont care about my future... but i've been stressing out about the LC wayyyy before most people even thought of it. Been frantically researching about colleges and plcs since the Summer '10. I just DONT UNDERSTAND why I cant do the same with studying.

As for how much i've studied today... well I did 1 hour of biology and maths combined.
    Well, i'm off to watching yet another episode of my favorite tv soap. To be fair though, it IS my first today. I spent all afternoon cooking and browsing these boards. FML.

RANT OFF /sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I just keep going for walks... sure Wordsworth would have wanted me to appreciate the nature and not stay in my room all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Get up around 12 r 1, have lunch grand job. Mess around da house play with my little brother n sister for an hour r two all of a sudden its half 2 r 3 o clock. Time for masterchef australie.....DOUBLE BILL..! Killer! Dat takes me to around 5:45. simpsons at 6, home and away at half past, dinner around 7. All of a sudden its it nearly 8o clock and then something good is usually on tv that generally takes me til 11 or 12. Then to top it all off I stay up until like 3 in the morning watching the basketball play offs...!

When am I supposed to study...:( ? ?

FML!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

In the past week I've baked 6 different kind of cakes, ran 56 miles, gotten a black belt in karate, read 5 novels, learned how to play the saxaphone (I'm pretty good) and gotten a girl pregnant. All so I wouldn't have too study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Framble wrote: »
    In the past week I've baked 6 different kind of cakes, ran 56 miles, gotten a black belt in karate, read 5 novels, learned how to play the saxophone (I'm pretty good) and gotten a girl pregnant. All so I wouldn't have too study.
    It's ironic...in procrastinating you've actually become a really motivated and achieving person :P

Advertisement