Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model Shoot C&C

• 06-06-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Did a model shoot in and around the Rua Red art Gallery in Tallaght recently, would love to get some feedback as its outside my sporting confort zone!

5804628488_7aa3e8ebae_z.jpg
    FMC_0114 by fergus.mcnally, on Flickr

5804625548_aea43a59ab_z.jpg
    FMC_0107 by fergus.mcnally, on Flickr

5804084061_f8aa66e240_z.jpg
    FMC_9857 by fergus.mcnally, on Flickr

Some more images on my blog here

Comments

Very nice shots. Love the backgrounds. Can I ask what lens(es) you used on her? Really looks quite good. Nice vibrant images, too.

Looked at them all on the site and quite like them. The bottom one posted above would be my least favourite, though. A bit of adjusting to completely blow out the background would do no harm in my opinion. As it is, it seems a little bit dull or something (to me, personally).

Great shots, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Used a Nikon 85mm 1.8, wide open with no flash, just natural light!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Great shots there. Really like the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Paulw wrote: »
    Great shots there. Really like the last one.

Haha, you would;):rolleyes:

I love the first one, looks like she wore falsies in it though, right lashes look lwer than left.... sorry pet peeve, I often warn my brides about this before weddings but the sharpness is spot on!

Cool pics Ferg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

A bit too heavy make-up, but what do I know about that?
    Just be careful with colour balance - skin tones of her face are very different in every picture. They should be identical.
    Nice soft light for the pictures, nice background, although the tilted one does not seem to have purpose in the shot, so it looks like an accident.
    Overall, good work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ThOnda wrote: »
    Just be careful with colour balance - skin tones of her face are very different in every picture. They should be identical.
    why? if the light is different, the skin tones will be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I really like shot 1...Lovely natural smile/pose, uber-sharp ( they all are, BTW, well done) background is a complimentary colour & blurred to oblivion.

It is better than any I have taken.... so take the following in that context!

- Shot #1 - Her left eye is very dark...a bit offputting (on my uncalibrated laptop monitor, at least)

- Shot #2 - A bit busy - the b/g is blurred but busy, her expression is quizzical, her hair is flying.... overall a less 'natural' shot than shot #1

- Shot #3 - Is nice - she looks like she is looking for something? blowing out the b/g would help.

These are all quibbles though. If I could take shots like #1 above reliably I would be a happy pilgrim... Well done.

Thx,

FoxT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

FoxT wrote: »
    I really like shot 1...
    It is better than any I have taken....
    not to take away from dodgykeeper here (and i hope he doesn't mind me saying this), but how much of your opinion above is related to the looks of the model, and how much to how good the actual photo is?
    i'm sure you've take some nice relaxed portraits yourself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I know what the other poster is saying about colour. I too believe that if your going to submit a set then the skin tone needs to be exact across the set. Not such a big deal with a costume change or whatever, but when the clothes are the same the skin should look the same, imo!

Other than that nice set, dont be afraid to touch up certain areas PP. Like I would have brightened that left eye on the 1st photo, its very off putting and not how she looks as we can see from the images that follow. Do the model and yourself some justice and address these problems before submitting work and certainly before showing your model! :) Other than that good, work, but I wouldnt shoot wide open at 1.8 like that. Use a flash and shoot at 5.0 for sharpness and detail, the bohke will follow if your zoomed all the way in anyway

Advertisement