Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the obsession with English?????

• 06-06-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭

Whyyyy are there so many threads about English???
    I counted at least 8 out of 20 on page 1 not to mention the loads that have gotten pushed back to further pages.Jeez like.
    Fair enough its the first exam but there hasnt been nearly as much about maths geography and the others that are only a few days away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's the first exam...

The minute Paper II is over, it'll be Maths. The minute the weekend hits, expect tens of threads on Irish, foreign languages and whatever else is being examined next week.

It's the yearly pre-exam group hysteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Because Everybody sits English and unlike maths you can cram it a little bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I think it's because the course is so broad and there is so much that could be asked. Like for Hamlet there is tonnes of stuff that could be asked (all the characters, themes, relationships, dramatic techniques etc.).

With the exception of Irish and French (though they're to a less degree) no other subject has such a diverse question range!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Ennglish is probably the most stressful exam (paper 2 anyway), along with history, you have to write non stop in the short time your given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

It's the first exam...

That's why.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Iceboy wrote: »
    Ennglish is probably the most stressful exam (paper 2 anyway), along with history, you have to write non stop in the short time your given
    Business is in the same mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

I find it funny the amount of people that obsess over what poets may come up. I do it myself (a bit) but it is worth the least amount of marks of paper 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Iceboy wrote: »

So is home-ec, which is on the first day too. Talk about a nightmare!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I find it funny the amount of people that obsess over what poets may come up. I do it myself (a bit) but it is worth the least amount of marks of paper 2!
    Find it weird too, considering it's only 50 marks. I'd be more worried about what comparative titles come up or what they'll examine on Hamlet!

Advertisement