Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU/US/JP/HK PS Store

• 06-06-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭

Right, i seriously doubt what i'm about to ask is against rules or illegal, etc, but if it is i apoliguse in advance.

I'm linked to a EU account, and as such use the EU PS Store. I've been reading on the interwebz that the US and JP/HK Stores have more games, etc. So i've also been reading on how to create an account to access the US/JP/HK Stores.

My question is, games that i have downloaded on the US/JP/HK Stores, can i play them with my EU account? Not a major issue, but it would be cool if i could.

And i know this is going to be an obvious answer, but with the US account, i obviously pay US prices ya? Just considering that i can get the original Legacy of Kain and the original Soul Reaver on the US Store for the same price as Soul Reaver on the EU Store, it would make more sense to download form the US Store...

Anyone do this, have any tips etc?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right, i seriously doubt what i'm about to ask is against rules or illegal, etc, but if it is i apoliguse in advance.

I'm linked to a EU account, and as such use the EU PS Store. I've been reading on the interwebz that the US and JP/HK Stores have more games, etc. So i've also been reading on how to create an account to access the US/JP/HK Stores.

My question is, games that i have downloaded on the US/JP/HK Stores, can i play them with my EU account? Not a major issue, but it would be cool if i could.

And i know this is going to be an obvious answer, but with the US account, i obviously pay US prices ya? Just considering that i can get the original Legacy of Kain and the original Soul Reaver on the US Store for the same price as Soul Reaver on the EU Store, it would make more sense to download form the US Store...

Anyone do this, have any tips etc?

Cheers in advance.

I've a US account , set it up with an address of somewhere I stayed for a while there .I've heard of people using hotel addresses for their address...
    To buy games you need a Credit card with a US address OR! a US PSN gamecard.Having a mate in the states to buy one for you is quite handy , they crop up on ebay as well.
    If you're buying US PSN games ,as well as the Legacy of Kain theres also Castlevania:symphony of the Night which is a must buy!!
    Once they're saved you can play them with your EU account(as long as the US one isnt deleted from the PS3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah, so i can't use my Visa then? Kinda sucks, but i'd end up buying the US Cards anyway.

Oh, and cheers for the quick reply! :thumbsup:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Ah, so i can't use my Visa then? Kinda sucks, but i'd end up buying the US Cards anyway.

I'm pretty sure you cant..I think you may have been able to us an irish based CC for small (5 dollar) purchases at one point , but I think thats gone now.
    bit of an old thread here btw
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055934644

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I have my Irish visa set up on the US store and can buy content, you just need a made up address but the correct card details. Also if your buying from the US store be aware that US DLC will not work with games bought in Europe.

So don't go buying a COD or killzone 3 map-pack to use on an copy of COD/Killzone3 bought here :P

**Also, add your credit card details through the playstation site on your pc, then sign-in and go crazy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Excellent, cheers for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Try using your VISA first. Mine works on the US and Japanese stores.

Advertisement