Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idea to stop ****e in this forum

• 06-06-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Okey doke i had an idea and figured i would share it here. I was going to just pm a mod with the idea but i thought that a general consensus would be a better gauge of how it would work.

The naming dispute thread showed that there is, as is transparently obvious a division when it comes to the name of this place (i am purposely not using what i consider the name to be and you will see why) and if you take that there are two names either of which could be (and lets not be naive is) used as a method to offend or derail threads.

What i know the name to be could offend certain people and what certain people call it could offend me. There seemingly will always be disagreement on the name and it will continue to get out of hand.

So how about this, in the OP whatever name is used is the name to be used in the entire thread. If the OP uses name#1 then name#1 is used throughtout with no mention of name#2. Of course vice versa applies. If name#1 is used in a thread with name#2 that person gets warned or infracted depending on their history or obvious intent

Take my "in derry too long" thread, a bit of levity and craic that was derailed and ruined in one post. Now anyone on boards more than five minutes will be able to spot a troll a mile off, you know it, i know it and they know it. This will eliminate this or at least take a bleedin big chunk out of it

There will obviously need to be a change in the charter but i think this change would go hand in hand with boards rule number 1. Oh and it should be obvious by the nature of this post but just in case, if you are replying to this please dont use either name lets get an actual discussion out of this and not let it break down into tit for tat

Sorry for the long post :)

Do you think this is a good idea? 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Have you covered New Hampshire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I have, but my voice was too deep for the high notes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Well, since they're two separate places in NH, then there's hardly a problem :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is not on as far as Im concerned. You should have went with your original idea and PM'd the forum mods.

I will however discuss this with the other mods but for now Im locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement