Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Drivers

• 06-06-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

ok I going to be popping in a Server 2008 x 64 bit shortly and will still have windows XP and windows 7, my question is can i setup all the printers on the server 2008 and also include all the 32 bit drivers for the older windows XP machines still on the network, i've read some where that i;ll have issues installing the 32 bit drivers for xp clients on the server 2008 64 bit??

any advice is welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I havent had any problems loading both 32 and 64 bit drivers on to the Printer Management Server. I have seen some problems with win7 and drivers for old printers though, usually fixed by getting the latest drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have come across problems particularly with HP printers when the name referenced in the ini file for the 64 bit and 32 bit versions aren't identical. It will refuse to load the 32 bit driver if thats the case but you can manually change it to resolve. Mind you, the Universal Printer Driver resolves most HP print driver issues anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Have had problems with Win7 drivers but mainly this is due to server not having the latest installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Hey

Yes you can have both 32 and 64 bit drivers working fine.
    The only problem you may have is finding drives that will work if your printers are old. Just check the manufacture website for a Universal driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You will be able to install them, just make sure they are the same type {postscript / PCL x}.

All learn from others pain DO NOT INSTALL ANY UNIVERSAL PRINTER DRIVERS if you want to keep your sanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

didn't work for me,i had to install them locally,printing on an IP Port directly to printer ...

Advertisement