Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion on Pearse Street ...!

Options
  • 06-06-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

WTF Just had our home rocked by an Explosion on Pearse Street ...! .. Looks like one of the Top Floor Flats on Erne street beside us has been destroyed by it,.. GAS or something else !:eek:

Looks like every special branch Garda in the City is landing onsite

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jesus :eek:

Hope there are no casualties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is the women's (sexist) mini-marathon passing there?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, my wife amid many is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

From twitter:
    A fleet of Fire Engines and Ambulances and Gardai have just left Tara St/Pearse St

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Was it very big OP?

I hope nobody was hurt

• Advertisement

People from all over the country have travelled up to there today in their thousands from all over the country.
    Hope it was nowhere near the roads where they were passing.

Wife just text me back (she ok) that she and others there can smell the burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Biggins wrote: »
    People from all over the country have travelled up to there today in their thousands from all over the country.
    Hope it was nowhere near the roads where they were passing.

Wife just text me back (she ok) that she and others there can smell the burning.

Dont worry Biggins ...it was Pearse House Flats off Pearse Street not the main street ,,,been out to take a quick look , did not take pics as I felt it was in bad taste if someone was hurt or killed inside. Locals say the flats have GAS so it is looking so far like it maybe source of the explosion which was big !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I can hear sirens outside, I hope nobody was hurt!

DominoDub wrote: »
    Dont worry Biggins ...it was Pearse House Flats off Pearse Street not the main street...
    Thanks, much appreciated.
    Still hope no one living there is seriously hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Yup, top floor flat in Pearse House on Erne St. A person was taken out of there on a stretcher and I think a second person was taken from the flat directly below.

Hopefully there are no serious injuries but the explosion was pretty big. I live around the corner on Pearse St and all the windows and doors rattled savagely. Couldn't figure out what it was so went out onto the street. I think it must have been record timing in the Gardai and other emergency services getting down there- within 5 minutes of the bang, there were at least 4 squad cars, unmarked vehicles, two fire brigades and a couple of ambulances as well as loads of Gardai on bikes. It's amazing how quickly they got the street closed down and casualties out of the building using a cherry-picker type thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Thats awful, please god no-one was injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The one that allows men take part and for which money is raised for charities that concern everyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

DominoDub wrote: »
    WTF Just had our home rocked by an Explosion on Pearse Street ...! .. Looks like one of the Top Floor Flats on Erne street beside us has been destroyed by it,.. GAS or something else !:eek:

Looks like every special branch Garda in the City is landing onsite

you been on the curried beans again?

WindSock wrote: »
    The one that allows men take part and for which money is raised for charities that concern everyone?
    Aye, a couple of friends (male taxi drivers) are doing it today in dresses for fun.
    Fair play to them! :pac:

Not on tv3 news yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭titanium feather

One man seriously injured. :(Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

One man seriously injured. :(Link
    God help him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

WindSock wrote: »
    The one that allows men take part

Very decent of them...hope its not too much trouble,like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm gonna say it: I think it may have been a Meth lab.

There is something suspicious to me about a 30s ish (was there a 50 year old as well injured?) year old man in a house with a gas leak that would create that size of an explosion without it being either:
    a) on purpose
    b) suicide attempt
    c) he can't smell?

Either way, the Gardaí are investigating the scene and so are Bord Gáis so hopefully we'll know more soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'm gonna say it: Meth lab.

There's no way this was a gas explosion and the Gardaí are on the case (that's the word around at least).

mad-scientist-movie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

There's no way this was a gas explosion and the Gardaí are on the case (that's the word around at least).

I have to say my first thought reading about a 50yo bloke was that it might be attempted suicide. You haven't been able to buy a gas cooker for years without safety features that all but prevent gas leaks without tampering.

A picture of the injured man has been released:

walter_288x288.jpg

phasers wrote: »
    A picture of the injured man has been released:

walter_288x288.jpg
    ba-dum-tsh

ba-dum-tsh
    I'm here all week folks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

ba-dum-tsh

I don't get it. Is that Malcolm in the Middle's dad?

Oink wrote: »
    I don't get it. Is that Malcolm in the Middle's dad?
    lol yes it is, but this is more relevant to the conversation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Ian Beale wrote: »
    From twitter:
    A fleet of Fire Engines and Ambulances and Gardai have just left Tara St/Pearse St

"FLEET of fire engines and ambulances"?
    WTF is this the end of the world that guy in the states was on abouts? Fleet of fire engines and mee maws for a splosion,

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement