Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exam are you looking forward to?

• 06-06-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

We have a what exam are you dreading thread already.
    How about what exam we think will go well.

For me its French.I'm pretty decent at it and its OL so it should all go swimmingly.

what say you fellow procrastinators?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Maths? Just 'cause I'm doing OL..
    Aside for that I'm not looking forward to the 6 others at HL :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I actually love English Paper 1. I think it's really fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Business, I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Maths.......It's the only subject I loveenjoy! :D
    Although biology will be good to!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Who the fúck looks forward to exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 ShonyBoulders

Physics, I'm pretty sure that I'll get on very well.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

flyaway. wrote: »
    I actually love English Paper 1. I think it's really fun.
    Yeah, I'm going to be at the most ease with English. Same with Biology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Chemistry because it's my last exam and because it's one of my favourite subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Every exam seems like a pleasantry compared to English imo. :(

Whhyyyyy is it first?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Biology because it's the last one :D and because it's the only subject that I like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

jumpguy wrote: »
    Every exam seems like a pleasantry compared to English imo. :(

Whhyyyyy is it first?! :mad:

I agree, but at least we get it out of the way. We can relax and do the other exams more easily once English is done. :p I'd hate if it were the last exam - I'd just be worrying about it for the whole time.

I'm not particularly looking forward to any exam, surprisingly! :rolleyes: I'll probably enjoy the Home Ec exam *IF* the questions suit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

im looking forward to geography HL its the only subject i like and french OL cos its impossible to fail im not finished til the 22nd stupid economics worst subject ever:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

Biology is the only exam I feel relatively happy about. Mabybe Economics, but that could go either way, depending on the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

English Paper 1. Wouldn't see I'm looking forward to it as it kickstarts the whole thing, but I really don't mind. Very little learning, just pure writing ability which happens to be one of my best attributes. :)

French is a pretty handy exam, loads of times to do the questions, if I keep my head I'll be grand. Just hope the listening goes well.

I like history but the exam is just too short for how much writing you have to do. Still, I feel pretty confident and I don't mind doing it.

And accounting. Because it's so so easy. And I think it might be my last exam too.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

English for me - Like the subject, hoping to do well, plus Wednesday and Thursday are the only two single subject days I have

Kinda looking forward to History too. I find the topics quite interesting, but timing is my main problem, it's hard to cram all those essays into two hours and fifty minutes. Thing is though, it's my last exam and it's coming directly after my worst exam, Francais. I'll probably be a bit pissed off coming into the exam hall, so psychologically I'll have a bit of an edge lol. It's all just about writing really, and you write faster when you're angry. Also with it being the last exam I'm free to go on the Tesco Value Vodka straight afterwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Business and Physics. I'm confident in them that I'll get what I need (a high B in both would be great, though I would secretly love an A2 in business!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Can't wait to get started!
    English. Maths. Business.Geography.Accounting.Music & Economics. Like them all.
    Really just looking forward to seeing what's on the papers.
    Not looking forward to Irish or french though , didn't study them much yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Im kind of the same. Just want to get started at this stage! Really looking forward to Music. Its my last exam which is a plus, but I just really like the subject. the composition paper is good beacause you know whats coming up and can be perfectly prepared. The listening exam, although it can be difficult, you get to listen to music during an exam...brilliant! :D I did a good practical too so hopefully I'll do well in the written and get a top result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

Looking forward to French and Biology cause they're my best subjects and its fun to get answers right! Also I guess English Paper one might be fun if my story isn't crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Im kind of the same. Just want to get started at this stage! Really looking forward to Music. Its my last exam which is a plus, but I just really like the subject. the composition paper is good beacause you know whats coming up and can be perfectly prepared. The listening exam, although it can be difficult, you get to listen to music during an exam...brilliant! :D I did a good practical too so hopefully I'll do well in the written and get a top result!

I'm looking forward to music too. End of the exams for me!:D And I've a week to study just music beforehand so I'm confidant I'll do well. I did sfa for the pre but did a really good practical, so still got a high B1. Hoping to do just as well iin the real thing.:)

Maths OL will be handy enough too, and French is grand because there's sooooooooooooo much time to answer everything.

Bottom line: we'll all survive and go to college in September.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

DCG, what a beautiful exam.

Some might say it's the subject of Kings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looking forward to Economics, my last exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

History and Ag Science.

History - cause its my favourite and im more prepared with notes this year. Plus, project marks.

Agri Science - cause the project holds marks already and cause theres a 7 day gap for me to study my ass off.

Not looking forward to:

English: Got a B3 last year but our new teacher has left us so unprepared for paper 2 this year, its kept me awake at night. Literally. Probably get a low C....

French: Failed in the mocks by 7%. Oral went well but still sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

Every single exam ........except for D.C.G and biology :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

biology and chemistry. so much choice, and so much spare time

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I'm not looking forward to any of them - too much on the line. Doing all HL and need 500+ points.

But if there wasn't so much on the line I would actually be looking forward to Maths, which I love, and Biology, which I love!

I love German and Geography too, but time is very tight in those exams so that makes me worry if I'll get it all written down.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

French
    it's my best subject and if all goes as planned it might give me a confidence boost for my last two

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

religion - i love being all philosophical and its my last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

xclw wrote: »
    religion - i love being all philosophical and its my last :D

Have you studied for it? And if so, how? :eek: Some of it is interesting, but it's such a horrible exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Violafy wrote: »
    Have you studied for it? And if so, how? :eek: Some of it is interesting, but it's such a horrible exam.

well not really, i have 3 days before the exam so i'll study then. i was writing notes for it all last week and i just noticed links between everything and where i can put in my personal opinion and all.
    if you don't have the syllabus here http://www.curriculumonline.ie/uploadedfiles/PDF/lc_religion_sy.pdf
    and just basically learn from that, its how i do it. i just like being all oh meaning of life about it really and gonna throw that into each section :)

Advertisement