Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving from meteor payg to meteor bill pay!!

Options
  • 06-06-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

i am currently a meteor payg customer and am looking to buy the samsung galaxy s2 on bill pay and keep my same number. can i do this on the meteor website to avail of there cheaper prices or do i have to go to a meteor store and do it. if i go to a store can they sign me up on there online prices????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭eolasguy

For some reason no!

Its fair stupid to be honest. Maybe calls sales they might be able to help you;)

Call them on 1800 638 367. You never know they could offer you better deals.

Make sure you get your free Meteor calls and texts. (Depending on what plan you sign up on)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I did this a couple of months ago. the only way to get the new phone cheaply was for me to port to another network (I picked O2) and then port back to meteor.
    I simply ordered a free sim online from O2 and it arrived 2 days later. Then went into an O2 shop, did the porting and four hours later ordered the new phone online.
    Meteor may look for a deposit of up to €300 for the new phone.....they didn't ask me for anything:)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Did you have any luck buying online op? I had the same problem today. I wanted to buy a Desire s online for the cheaper monthly rate than in store. I called the sales number first to make sure I would be able to buy the phone online as I am with Meteor PAYG and I was told there was no problem.
    When I got to the end of the transaction I was asked to input the operator that I was transferring from, I called the sales number again to ask how I could go on with the transaction without entering another operator. The girl told me to pick any operator as it didn't matter. She said when they are processing the order they will see that I am from Meteor PAYG and sort it out.
    So now I'm hoping that will work out for me. I guess I will know in the next 2 days when(if) I get a contract sent out. If not I suppose I can alway get a sim from another network and use that number instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Did you have any luck buying online op? I had the same problem today. I wanted to buy a Desire s online for the cheaper monthly rate than in store. I called the sales number first to make sure I would be able to buy the phone online as I am with Meteor PAYG and I was told there was no problem.
    When I got to the end of the transaction I was asked to input the operator that I was transferring from, I called the sales number again to ask how I could go on with the transaction without entering another operator. The girl told me to pick any operator as it didn't matter. She said when they are processing the order they will see that I am from Meteor PAYG and sort it out.
    So now I'm hoping that will work out for me. I guess I will know in the next 2 days when(if) I get a contract sent out. If not I suppose I can alway get a sim from another network and use that number instead.

i went in and asked girl in meteor shop about it and she said that the website doesnt recognise 'pre port' or something like that. so she said that if i bought the phone in shop she could sign me up with the online prices!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Thats great. Wish I had tried that and I would have my phone now :mad: I hate waiting on deliveries. I won't see it until next Tuesday at the earliest.
    I got my contract today anyway so what I did worked. It said on it that I wasn't moving from another network. Also no deposit to pay thank God!! I was having nightmares that I would have to pay €300 deposit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement