Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior Window Sill Paint - High Gloss

• 06-06-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if any body knows where I could source a high gloss white paint for exterior window sills.

Had a look in Woodies etc but all exterior paints seem to be for wood and metal only.

Dont like the matt finish weathershield.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I think it's just the normal gloss that most people use on window cils. It has a bad habit of peeling over time...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

I think it's just the normal gloss that most people use on window cils. It has a bad habit of peeling over time...

Thanks for that Dilbert. I always assumed there was one specific to exterior use.

Have plenty of normal gloss in the shed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

If the sills are raw its best to prime them first with Sealapore, or Stablizing solution.
    Then undercoat them before finishing them with the gloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

If the sills are raw its best to prime them first with Sealapore, or Stablizing solution.
    Then undercoat them before finishing them with the gloss.

Thanks.

Are you talking again of normal undercoat like used indoors on wood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Thanks.

Are you talking again of normal undercoat like used indoors on wood?

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement