Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft for Xbox360

• 06-06-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Just announced at E3, Kinect enabled

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

iMuse wrote: »
    Just announced at E3, Kinect enabled

fu, you got here first lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

stupid idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

The more people who get to play minecraft the better. Doesn't affect us PC users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Isnt there already a minecraft like game on Xbox-live arcade? The kinect thing just seems pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

get pretty tiring i would think after a while having to act out all that mining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I guess Notch is trying to mop up... Fortress craft is not going to stand a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Fúck yeah.

I'll be getting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Kersmash wrote: »
    stupid idea.

Why?

Were not talking about a high intense shooter here so the keyboard vs pad argument is invalid.

Xbox and PC players will be able to play together so it should be good if not the exact same. As long it's not dumbed down i'm fine with it and think its a great idea. Mojang aren't developing it either so I dunno how thats going to play out.

You could open a big can of worms though and talk about skins/texture paces/updates

xbox are terrible for getting updates out.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

dazftw wrote: »
    Why?

Were not talking about a high intense shooter here so the keyboard vs pad argument is invalid.

Xbox and PC players will be able to play together so it should be good if not the exact same. As long it's not dumbed down i'm fine with it and think its a great idea. Mojang aren't developing it either so I dunno how thats going to play out.

They are.
    There's a new team working on that version, we're still doing the PC and mobile versions. More details coming later.

As in, a New team within Mojang.

dazftw wrote: »
    Why?

You could open a big can of worms though and talk about skins/texture paces/updates

xbox are terrible for getting updates out.

i can allready see texture pack dlc. buy a pickaxe for 100 ms points! you want a new skin? no problem just 800 ms points!

i hate when greedy people find something good...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How many games have you seen that happening for on XBox? I've never seen a charge for new skins, but I've seen new skins included in DLC packs. What DLC could you put into Minecraft? Maybe a Free Build option or a Video option (Skate 3 had that). Or, better still, ability to "share" a world with your friends?

I can see this being an arcade game for sure and knowing how popular it is, probably 1200 Billy Bucks. I'd also say it'd be play with your Avatar rather than an in-game character.

It's also important to note that Mojang could've said "No" to the deal but didn't, so how is this anything but them being "greedy" as you put it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Botulism wrote: »
    They are.

As in, a New team within Mojang.

I'm reading mixed news reports. The most recent one being notch will be creative director and its not mojang developing it.

If they do it right it'll be good. If they dumb it down and ruin it ill just stick with the pc version.

I don't see them charging for pickaxe's but dlc I do.. it'll be like bundle packs.

They could easily do it right but knowing MS they'll be made charge for every little extra piece.

Look at what forza 3 did for custom content. Same thing could be applied here.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Kharn wrote: »
    How many games have you seen that happening for on XBox? I've never seen a charge for new skins, but I've seen new skins included in DLC packs. What DLC could you put into Minecraft? Maybe a Free Build option or a Video option (Skate 3 had that). Or, better still, ability to "share" a world with your friends?

I can see this being an arcade game for sure and knowing how popular it is, probably 1200 Billy Bucks. I'd also say it'd be play with your Avatar rather than an in-game character.

It's also important to note that Mojang could've said "No" to the deal but didn't, so how is this anything but them being "greedy" as you put it?

Emm ms newer ever greedy? Developers with pre release dlcs not greedy? Parts of game which are cut out from main game are not greedy? It's debate for ather thread, but they can implement all this in minecraft. And if they can they will.

I think poor fella had no choise m8. Ms would do a game on same concept and call it mscraft etc. Ace of spades was a perfect example.

I don't see no harm of mc on xbox. I might even get it too, if they will make very good online support where I could invite my friends in to my sp game. That would be cool for mc on pc too. Friend list etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I appreciate that MS are well able to charge for extras and have made considerable money doing so, but what extras could they charge for in Minecraft or what could they "leave out?" As I said, I reckon the ability to share a world might be an option, but I'm stuck for ideas after that.

I don't see how the game could be dumbed down either, it's not like it's a difficult thing to get into as is.

However, this idea that Notch and/or Mojang had no choice on this is madness. They're one of the biggest buzz companies of the gaming industry and community world wide - the power's definitely with them. Any attempt to copy the game is met with fierce opposition - look at the outrage over Fortress Craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

I like the whole of idea of minecraft on xbox. Surely thought they couldn't have hd graphics on xbox with such a massive game world? Does this mean the developers are going to make it smaller? (or am I talking s***?)

The Kinect support seems interesting, but going to be very hard to implement it. Moving around in a 3d space with Kinect is going to be hard. So how do they plan to use it? By picking things from the menus with your hands? DOesn't that just slow everything down and make it all pointless. It'll be interesting to see what they do me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

There are a lot of paid dlc that you can predict. There will be the likes of Avatar props and costumes outside of the game and then in-game there will be the likes of having to pay for new texture packs or new skins for your character.

We all know Microsoft and we all know that they will screw the gamer everywhere that they find possible.

Advertisement