Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 in LA?

Options
  • 06-06-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I work in LA, if any has questions/anything i can help with.
    pips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mcjagger

cool, what visa are you on and what work do u do?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

mcjagger wrote: »
    cool, what visa are you on and what work do u do?

In Telecoms, over on a business visa - paid from Ireland. Been (sternly) warned i wont get the visa again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mcjagger

cool sounds like fun. whats LA like compared to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 solymar

I've heard that LA isn't a very nice city as it's very sprawling, but I'm still really curious and thinking of heading there in Sept on a year long J1. Did you have much trouble meeting people in LA?

What areas would you recommend to live in for a 27 year old girl, who likes a bit of nightlife but wouldn't mind being near the sea. Too much to ask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

solymar wrote: »
    I've heard that LA isn't a very nice city as it's very sprawling, but I'm still really curious and thinking of heading there in Sept on a year long J1. Did you have much trouble meeting people in LA?

What areas would you recommend to live in for a 27 year old girl, who likes a bit of nightlife but wouldn't mind being near the sea. Too much to ask ?

Check out Hermosa Beach, very lively town. LA itself isnt great - but no one lives IN LA. im in redondo beach - quiet beach town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LAGirl

I am from Los Angeles (USC grad too!)and live in Dublin. LA isn't what is on the television....it is a big city with lots of unique areas.

-don't live in Hollywood (it is gross).
    -Orange County-Redondo Beach, Laguna Beach....etc. is an hour away from LA and is not LA County. It is a different mindset-ditzy and republican.
    -Santa Monica is beautiful. Topanga is quiet. The east SF Valley is fantastic and less expensive than the city.

I love Los Angeles. Yummy food and great weather all year long.

Advertisement