Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice looking locations in/around Drogheda town?

Options
2»

Comments

I think there's a large railing wrapped around the top of all multistorey car parks, so people can't jump?

I don't think you'd get anything amazing (though of course, I could be wrong).

I'm actually looking for interiors to shoot in these days, but having no luck whatsoever. Was talking to the Westcourt, but they've gone quiet on me (so I don't know if they're trying to ignore me or if the person I was dealing with is just gone on holiday or something).

D hotel are ridiculously strict on this kind of thing, so they're out, too.

Does anyone know of any decent places you could photograph inside of?

I heard Beaulieu house can be good, but apparently they charge a lot to let people shoot in it (which is understandable, but I'm not making any money from photography, so I'm not planning on spending any money).

(My house looks like shite, so that's not really an option)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 whitearch

I've gotten some great pictures in Beaulieu woods myself, although I did contact them prior to going there to make sure it was ok and was told to work away on the understanding that I was there at my own risk.
    I've used it for both landscape shoots and strobist type portrait shoots.

Most hotels won't let you use their grounds or interiors without proof of insurance so it might be worth your while looking into that if you havent already.

Also, have you tried joining a camera club in the area? these are usually great for finding out places you may not have thought of and for getting advice on your images.

whitearch wrote: »
    I've gotten some great pictures in Beaulieu woods myself, although I did contact them prior to going there to make sure it was ok and was told to work away on the understanding that I was there at my own risk.
    I've used it for both landscape shoots and strobist type portrait shoots.

Is that the wooded area across the road from the actual house? If so, I thought just about anyone could pop in there and do as they feel? I was only there once (friends were doing a short film and did a bit in there, but whilst we were there, there were people walking about and walking their dogs, etc. so I assumed you could do as you please?).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 whitearch

Aye, its the wood across from the house.
    Most people do just go in and do as they feel but just over a year ago I noticed some new signage stating that it was private property. I just dropped them an email to find out more as I had assumed like yourself that it was a public area. I was thanked for having the decency to contact them before wandering on to their land and was told to be aware that I am there at my own risk.
    Maybe they have had issues with people injuring themselves in there and trying to claim off them or something?

Advertisement