Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't enjoy life at all anymore!!

Options
  • 06-06-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I've no motivation, I don't like doing anything anymore, I basically go to college go home and go to bed and watch tv.

I'm constantly tired and spend a lot of time asleep. Things that used to make me happy don't anymore, it's like I've done everything in life.

I think I've gone past depression at this stage, I just feel nothing, feel numb.

I'm not living, I'm just basically existing.

I've suffered with anxiety and depression for years and years now. But this is just feeling strange all together.

I'm tired of waking up and seeing the same crap everyday, doing the same things. Never having any money because I can't hold down a job.

Me sister thinks a life coach might help, but I can't afford to be spending 60 euro for an hour to see these people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi Op I dont know anything about life coaches, so I cant advise you.
    Im really sorry you're having such a bad time, just wonder have you spoken to your doctor about this. Depression and anxiety are not to be taken lightly I think you should talk to your doctor about it and go from there.
    My boyfriends been out of work for a while, Iv seen him down about it, sleeping late, no interest in doing anything....You are not alone plenty of people are in the same boat as you. He has now applied for a couple of courses, and is excited about it, something to look forward to.
    I hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

Yeh I'm in constant touch with my doctor, have another appointment on wednesday, I switched medication 2 weeks ago, not sure if thats having an effect, I was on Lexapro for a long time, but have switched to effexor to see if that could help even more.

I'm nearly finished a course and will be starting college in september, I should be feeling excited as well, but I feel like I'm going backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Hey mate,

Sorry to hear your having a **** time of it, but you’re not alone I’m currently going through a bit of depression at the moment. And I’m going through this 15,000km away from my family and nearly all my mates...but am soon returning home with a list of things to do.

I tend to go in and out of depression at least once a year for a few weeks, but when I am going through these periods, I draw up a list of things I’d like to do...maybe get back training, make an effort to go away for a weekend just something mate.

I find enjoyment out of the little things mate, I really enjoy playing computer games and I can get so much enjoyment out these games and this makes me happy

Also has your Doc talked to you about exercising, apparently there are studies that suggest that doing exercise and have a positive effect on people suffering depression.

Mate hoped this helped and if not...just ignore me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi Op, glad to hear you are tackling it with your Dr. I dont have much experience with depression, just the normal stuck in a rut, cant get out of it type of thing. I try to think, its not as bad as it feels like, things will look different in the morning, its usually not as bad as I imagine. Thats kindof how I get through hard times.
    Best of luck and good luck with new course in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

Thanks for the advice and support people.

I do tend to get a decent amount of exercise through football and going the gym, but even lately their becoming a task to do rather than something I enjoy. Exercise definitely helps, maybe I need to set up a routing and stick to it.

I'm hoping it's something to do with switching meds, and only be a temporary thing. Maybe the new meds haven't fully kicked in yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Thanks for the advice and support people.

I do tend to get a decent amount of exercise through football and going the gym, but even lately their becoming a task to do rather than something I enjoy. Exercise definitely helps, maybe I need to set up a routing and stick to it.

I'm hoping it's something to do with switching meds, and only be a temporary thing. Maybe the new meds haven't fully kicked in yet.

If your exercise is getting tedious, try and mix it up a bit. If you can, do some kind of class, like spinning classes (which I think are free if you’re a member in a gym)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Have you ever been tested for hypothyroidism? Can cause all of what you're describing. As can adrenal fatigue. Ask for thyroid function test and plasma cortisol test next time you see your doc.

Advertisement