Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with Hospital

• 06-06-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I found out last week I am prgenant and now have to decide on a Hospital! i think of going Semi privat, so anyone has any experiences, good or bad?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What part of the country are you in?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think Dublin and maye CUMH are the only places with the semi private option.
    How many weeks pregnant are you? Holles st do not take semi private bookings after 12 weeks and after 6/7 you may have problems getting a consultant there.
    I had both my girls in Holles st and am very happy with the care that I received in labour,was more happy the 1st time then the 2nd but I missed my toddler the 2nd and they pretty much left me alone as it was not a 1st child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Depends where you are but I'd say stay public and spend the money on your child college fund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I found out last week I am prgenant and now have to decide on a Hospital! i think of going Semi privat, so anyone has any experiences, good or bad?
    Thanks!

Semi private fees in Holles Street have jumped to 900 euro, just in case this has a bearing on your decision. Apparently you can claim it back on your health insurance at the end of the year, but still it's a lot of money to have to find when at the end of the day you'll be getting the same treatment in the labour ward as everyone else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can only claim back a portion of it depending on your Insurance plan.
    It didn't cost me anyhting on #1 as think it was 250 I had to pay and vhi covered it,on the 2nd it was 500 but again vhi will give me back the 500.
    You also get tax relief @ 20% on all medical expenses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement