Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Numbers

Options
  • 06-06-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

I have a private number on my land line. There are times when I would like the number shown when making a call does anyone know how to do this on Eircom and on Vodafone? Is there a code I can put in to unlock it for the call I am about to make.

Thanks if you can help! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't understand why you posted that query on the 'Wireless' forum when it relates to a landline but here goes.....

Prefix codes when calling from a landline are...

141 Hide caller number
    142 Display caller number

The equivalent prefix codes when calling from a mobile are ....

#31# Hide caller number
    *31# Display caller number

In all cases these prefixes override on a once-off basis the default setting normally observed by the network.

You string the prefix right in front of the number you are calling, there are no spaces or other special characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Thanks for that I will try them later! Do those codes work on any land line supplier?

I posted here as someone else did regarding a very similar incident.

Mods can move if needs be.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I left it here because I wasn't sure where to move it to!:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement