Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell To Make Announcement In Morning - Possible good news?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Qualified Accountant and qualified Barrister, lectured with UCD and UL. Sadly, O'Dea has brains alright, he just has no vision.

to be fair i wouldnt say that. he has vision alright. too bad that vision is more focused on how to get re-elected every time:rolleyes: would be a great local politition but at a national level he is everything that is wrong with the system.

but thats off topic.

i do hope that it inspires confidence in more companies to follow suit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really don't want to see a thread about good news for the area dragged into a political debate. Dell Limerick would not have gotten a great thing like this without hardwork and dedication from the 1000 or so remaining workforce.

If you want to start a discussion about how past governments have let us down, find a suitable forum, if you want to discuss how 1 region did better than others, find a suitable forum, this thread is about good news relating to Dell Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Clareman wrote: »
    I really don't want to see a thread about good news for the area dragged into a political debate. Dell Limerick would not have gotten a great thing like this without hardwork and dedication from the 1000 or so remaining workforce.

If you want to start a discussion about how past governments have let us down, find a suitable forum, if you want to discuss how 1 region did better than others, find a suitable forum, this thread is about good news relating to Dell Limerick

This whole forum and its moderation is a complete farce. Do you scream at your mates and tell them to shut up if you start a conversation about the weather if it turns into a rant about fuel prices??

I for myself am done with this forum.

Happy to get banned for this. For whatever ridicoulus reason. Hope it makes your day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't shout at my mates, cause they are intelligent enough to discuss things without descending to the same old bashing.

I also have far better things to be doing than banning folks that don't want to be here, if you have a problem with how a forum is moderated feel free to raise an issue in the DRM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

so where is the recruiting going on? where does anyone apply. I have scoured the dell site and can't find any mention of these positions

they used to have a phone number, anyone have it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

so where is the recruiting going on? where does anyone apply. I have scoured the dell site and can't find any mention of these positions

The 150 jobs will be spread over a 24 month period and be coming online between their Dublin and Limerick locations.

Just looking at a few of the recruitment websites that Dell uses like Irishjobs.ie and the Cloud tech jobs being advertised for at present are in Dublin.

Below is a list of the currently advertised Dell job vacancies in Dublin and Limerick.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Recruiters/DELL-1618.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I saw a piece on a show like Primetime/The Frontline a year or so ago that stated that often by the time these big announcements are made most of the immediate positions have already been filled. Either internally or through recruitment agencies. And the rest are "planned" rather than something they are currently hiring for and are often filled internally as each position arises. In fact the reports from yesterday say that these 150 jobs will materialise over the next 2 years. It's more spin than substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Qualified Accountant and qualified Barrister, lectured with UCD and UL. Sadly, O'Dea has brains alright, he just has no vision.

That doesn't mean he is very intelligent, good at studying and learning and capable. But every politician is capable or else they wouldn't be there.

But yes, it's good news, but I'd like to see more companies come into the area. We saw what can happen when you become a 1 big trick pony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Kess73 wrote: »
    The 150 jobs will be spread over a 24 month period and be coming online between their Dublin and Limerick locations.

Just looking at a few of the recruitment websites that Dell uses like Irishjobs.ie and the Cloud tech jobs being advertised for at present are in Dublin.

Below is a list of the currently advertised Dell job vacancies in Dublin and Limerick.

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Recruiters/DELL-1618.aspx

By the time these jobs come to Limerick (if ever) Dell will have left go another 100 different workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

By the time these jobs come to Limerick (if ever) Dell will have left go another 100 different workers.

your right

but if these "100 jobs" where not coming top limerick there would still be another hundred different workers left go

stop looking for the bad. youd swear this was bad news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I was not debating the pros and cons. I was just repeating what was said in the announcement by Dell in terms of the new jobs and the time frame involved and I put up the link to the recruitment site as a poster had asked about where to apply for Dell jobs.

Advertisement