Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz & New Zealand Visa

Options
  • 06-06-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know if you can just get 1 (WHV) for Oz and New Zealand or do you need separate visa's for both? My Cousin is thinking about coming with me when I go to Australia but she would also like to go to New Zealand for a few months, What would be the best way to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

You would need a separate WHV for New Zealand. Have you thought of going to Oz for a bit working to save and then going through NZ for a couple of months just on holiday and not to work? You could then go back to OZ in which case you can enter NZ as a visitor and you could show evidence of an outward ticket back to Oz, or do it the other way work in NZ and then travel a couple months in OZ and then back to NZ. I know that you can enter and exit as many times as you like in the 12 months after you first arrive under the NZ Working Holiday Scheme. There are also plenty of casual jobs in the orchards depending on the time of year you are looking at. I think it is a great idea to visit both although I am biased being Kiwi it would be a shame to go all that way and not see a little bit of NZ. (Its far nicer than across the ditch!):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/

Check out the website its really good for all the info you need!

Happy and Safe Travels!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Yes she really wants to see both, but I don't think would get away with just having a holiday to NZ she wants to do a few months of holiday and work in Oz then the same in NZ, It looks like she will have to just get 2 visa's. Is there much difference between getting an Australian WHV and a New Zealand one? I know its pretty easy and quick to get the Australian one,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Oz & NZ are two separate countries, as long as you qualify (age etc) you can apply for both but you wouldn't want to apply for the NZ until a few months before you needed it.

If you work for 3 months fruit picking etc you will also qualify for a 2nd WHV for Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Princess_N wrote: »
    Yes she really wants to see both, but I don't think would get away with just having a holiday to NZ she wants to do a few months of holiday and work in Oz then the same in NZ, It looks like she will have to just get 2 visa's. Is there much difference between getting an Australian WHV and a New Zealand one? I know its pretty easy and quick to get the Australian one,

You have been given a link to the NZ website - why don't you look?
    Both are easy, online and quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

I did it, a year in Oz and 6 months in NZ. I had a working holiday visa for both. It was worth it. I didn't do the full year in NZ because I had to return to Uni. Both experiences were so different and worth it.
    Applying for the visa is not that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

I'm on my phone so takes a while to load others sites,

Thanks everyone for your replies I will look into it more tomorrow,

Advertisement