Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocked = Invisible ?

• 06-06-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Okay before I start I'm going to warn you - I've already asked a couple of mates this and they were just confused as to what I was actually asking - So I will try to explain as best as I can while asking my question.

As well all know certain sites allow you to connect with facebook.

You can leave comments , like etc which reflect back to your FB page.

Now if I and someone else are using the similar site with Facebook connectivity and I block that person on Facebook , does the block carry over to the site as in will I be invisible to THAT person on the site? Thank you in advance.

(This may seem like a stupid question but it was actually caused due to this person cyber-bullying me - I have already reported them but I don't want another run in with this person )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

Yes, you are correct - someone who is not your friend will not be able to see your activity on the 3rd parties site. For example, when they would usually see "Frank, Bill, XtraFalcon and 431 others like this" they will now just see "Frank, Bill and 432 others like this".

To that person, you will just be an "other person"!

Hope this helps! ;)

However, it is different on comments. Your name and your comment are their for the world to see - even non-Facebook users as far as I am aware.

And all of the above only applies to the direct FB embedded stuff, not if you use your FB account to create an account with the 3rd party site.

For example, if you went to http://www.adverts.ie/signup.php and clicked "Sign up using Facebook", there would be nothing to stop a blocked person seeing your ads, as it only created an account on Adverts.ie with the details from your FB account, adverts.ie has no way of knowing who you have blocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

thanks very much for the info.

Advertisement