Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to arrive in school for exams

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Yes we might be in competition with them but also with the thousands of other student around the country. If the people in your own year are that bad that they're trying to psych out one person out of those many students you should've went to a different school. When I go in I have one of my friends sitting to my right and someone who I don't really talk to that much on my left. I doubt either of them will try "get into my head." More than likely we'll wish each other luck and maybe speculate as to what we hope is coming up.
    Friendship goes out the window when your future is on the line. Perhaps i'm being too cynical, but i wouldn't be leaving anything to chance! (dog eat dog world and all that) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

soup1 wrote: »
    Oh, it's called an analogy - Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar. Apologies for not clarifying that, you must be sitting the lower level paper.

You're clutching at straws here. Look, the OP asked a question which has now been answered by quite a few people. I think you're the only person to reccomend showing up just before the exam starts. You're entitled to your own opinion but pretty much everyone else disagrees with you. Resorting to insults like "you must be sitting the lower level paper" is a true testiment to your mental development. Begin to lose an argument so lash out like a child. It's just embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Oh, it's called an analogy - Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar. Apologies for not clarifying that, you must be sitting the lower level paper.

Nope, have actually just finished college with a bachelor's degree with honours. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Friendship goes out the window when your future is on the line. Perhaps i'm being too cynical, but i wouldn't be leaving anything to chance! (dog eat dog world and all that) :)

Don't know what kind of friends you have. You are being extremely cynical.

you wouldn't leave anything to chance but you advocate showing up five minutes before the exam.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

soup1- take a break for a week, but think hard and long if you wish to ever post in this forum again.

Everyone else, leave yourself plenty of time the first exam (to allow for transport problems etc.), then as advised by the SEC be in attendance 15 minutes before the other exams.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement