Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - what to study at this point?

• 06-06-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am tad concerned about the Geography, I want to do well (B1/B2)..

So far, I have studied:

Physical:

Waterfall
    Delta
    Human interaction with river processes (Three Gorges Dam)
    Igneous Formation

Regional:

Paris Basin - Primary
    Irish (BMW) - Primary
    India - Culture
    India - Sketch Map
    Paris Basin - Sketch Map

Economic Elective:

MNC Ireland - Wyath
    MNC Global - Ford Europe
    Brazil

Geoecology:

Human Impact on Biome (Sahel Region)
    Characteristics of Biome (Mojave)
    How Plants and Animals have adapted to climate in Biome (Mojave)

Can anyone tell me what I am missing out on that will mean I couldn't get 80/80 in all sections. Want to be completely covered :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Well if you're asked for secondary or tertiary economic activities for any region you're fairly screwed aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Gavarn

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Well if you're asked for secondary or tertiary economic activities for any region you're fairly screwed aren't you?

Yeah I noticed when I was listing that out I haven't looked over any of that yet. Ah well, I know what I'm doing for a couple of hours tomorrow. :(

Anything else? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

for economic geography the EU polices are handy
    the common fisheries and agricultural policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nicenri

So are you not going to do anything on plate tectonics? Like the location of seismic activity or volcanoes. I learned the benefits and disadvantages of volcanic activity. No idea why but at least its something to write down of I've nothing else to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Gavarn

Not possible to avoid the plate tectonics? I read a post, don't know where, but the guy said:

"Study the following at this late stage to be able to get 80/80 in the physical part:

Land form (erosion and deposition)
    Human interaction with fluvial processes
    Human interaction with rock cycle
    Formation of Igneous
    Formation of Sedimentary

I looked through exams papers, and he was right that would cover me, however I might do something on earthquakes considering the amount of them going on in the world today!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

formation of igneous rocks is very likely
    formation of sedimentary rocks can also answer numerous question if you centre on the burren

Advertisement