Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the Cork City Forum quieter than others?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

The ProC used to be a great forum until 'losingmyringtopaddypower' (admin) started banning people he didn't like, and allowed the duplicate accounts to run riot.

It's gone to **** now. So maybe having mods is a good thing, in some sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Maybe it's not as busy cos we are smarter:P And actually try to find some solutions or answers ourselves before coming and posting everything that crosses our minds here :)
    And if someone thinks it's too quiet..then spam away:)

All of this is true, but it still has far more traffic than this forum.

And how exactly do u know how much "traffic" goes through here. As said by previous posters, many of us read the threads here, but don't feel the need to post in every thread.
    So the "traffic" and amount of posts are actually two different things.
    i personally read through most threads, but don't always find that i have anything more constructive to say than the ones who have already posted. So sometimes i just "thank" the person who already said what i was about to say and leave quietly...

kart wrote: »
    ...........So sometimes i just "thank" the person who already said what i was about to say and leave quietly...

You've thanked 124 posts in two years, that's a little over one a week :P
    kart wrote: »

And how exactly do u know how much "traffic" goes through here. .............

Number of views per thread is handy for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm doing my bit. I've just posted a thread asking about cookery classes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

RoverJames wrote: »
    You've thanked 124 posts in two years, that's a little over one a week :P

Number of views per thread is handy for that :)

In these two years theres been long times of inactivity for meself. But im surely not the only one to make a statistics of:P

I dont think number of views for some threads is too small.. But maybe it's just me. For example this thread has over 1600 views.. Thats alright "traffic", or no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

All, commenting on moderator requests/directions on threads isn't permitted as it only serves to derail a topic, it will result in warnings/infractions and deleted posts.

Please see castie's earlier warning.

Advertisement