Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep function key always on?

• 06-06-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I got a new laptop the other day, its an eMachines e732. It has media keys on the F keys. Is there anyway of keeping the FN key always on so I dont need to press FN+ then say F12 to play/pause. Would be handy.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Did you look in the bios settings ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Big Lar wrote: »
    Did you look in the bios settings ?

I did indeed, nothing there to change really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Try this
    PRESS FN+ shift+numlk keys

ArtyM wrote: »
    Try this
    PRESS FN+ shift+numlk keys

Tried that just there, no dice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Last try
    FN + numb lock
    or
    FN + scroll lock

I dont know if these are 2 different solutions but they are worded differently on some of the posts I found.
    Be careful though, if your keyboard does not have a numberpad and uses some of the letter keys as numbers (+ the fn button) then when you turn this on you are going to get weird results when typing some letters.
    Good luck

• Advertisement

ArtyM wrote: »
    Last try
    FN + numb lock
    or
    FN + scroll lock

I dont know if these are 2 different solutions but they are worded differently on some of the posts I found.
    Be careful though, if your keyboard does not have a numberpad and uses some of the letter keys as numbers (+ the fn button) then when you turn this on you are going to get weird results when typing some letters.
    Good luck

Im being a pain in the hole now at this stage, still nada! :o My keyboard has a number pad so I'm ready for trying anything :D

Advertisement