Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relay Advise Required

Options
  • 06-06-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I'm putting in a Honeywell stand-alone alarm system into my garden shed, and want to link it to my house alarm.

As the shed system has no additional outputs, I will need to put a relay on the external sounder to send the signal to the house alarm.

Could anyone advise as to what type of relay should be used, and where to get it? Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

12Vdc relay. Wire the output of the bell into the coil side of the relay, then wire a pair of wires into the N/C side of the relay, wire that into a zone in your house. When the shed alarm activates it will open the zone in the house alarm.

Here is a list of suppliers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Go to Maplin in Jervis St. or Blanchardstown, and get a relay there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Compare prices first. If they are priced like their batteries there is a 400% mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

KoolKid wrote: »
    Compare prices first. If they are priced like their batteries there is a 400% mark up.

Batteries there are crazy prices for some reason but I got caught out for a relay a couple of months ago and got on in Jervis wasn't too bad on price.

Advertisement