Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping leaving cert biology

• 06-06-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

biology is a subject i have struggled with the last 2 years,
    in my mocks i got 45% but my teacher said the mock paper was easy
    know am not sure what i should do for the leaving
    even though am doing two ordinary subjects it would still probably be my 7th subject at higher level
    i just would hate to see a F when i get my results
    any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Do it. You're right it may be your 7th subject but its better to have 7 than 6. What if you surprise yourself and it ends up being a handy paper and maybe you counted on getting a good grade in another subject but it goes pear-shaped... you may end up needing your biology grade.

I know someone who dropped a subject to concentrate on the other 6, backfired completely. Maybe the worst does happen like you say and you fail, but so what just dont count it then, but sit the paper.

Edit: Sorry did you mean drop the subject or drop to ordinary level, thats a different story then.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

thanks for that and yes i ment drop to ordinary level

Advertisement