Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

misses eavan boland??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

PJelly wrote: »
    A pomegranate is the same shape as a pokeball.
    I feel that Boland uses the pomegranate as a link from one of her loves (poetry) to another past time of hers (pokemon)
    Pokemon was developed in .......

This could work.

You have been truly blessed with the knack for shite talk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Ah sure all talk about leaving cert poetry is shíte talk.

marko93 wrote: »
    Ah sure all talk about leaving cert poetry is shíte talk.

Hence, why it is a blessing not a burden ;) Im banking on it to get me through this leavin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Have you ever met anyone on Boards who hasn't been?!

Hence, why it is a blessing not a burden ;) Im banking on it to get me through this leavin!
    Awwwh hell yes!
    Have you ever met anyone on Boards who hasn't been?!
    Dont think he's been round long enough to get to know the more 'gifted shíte' talkers on the boards..

• Advertisement

Awwwh hell yes!

Dont think he's been round long enough to get to know the more 'gifted shíte' talkers on the boards..

She actually and i'm a long time lurker!

She actually ...
    See, I knew that!

:p @ marko

She actually and i'm a long time lurker!
    Oh ****. So so sorry D: I meant no offence!
    See, I knew that!

:p @ marko
    Ah feck off you ¬_¬

Ah feck off you ¬_¬
    0_o

/strokes banstick :cool:

0_o

Did not realise you were a mod O_O
    Oh well, i fear no Moderator.
    *can you only ban me from this particullar forum?*

• Advertisement

Did not realise you were a mod O_O
    I was joking, you daft yoke!! :D

Jeez! ... if I started banning people coz they told me to feck off when I'd been pulling their leg to start with!!! :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

I hope if Boland does pop up tommorow the question isn't ridiclious, I've only prepared basically my personal response

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

0_o

Banned for sexual references

I'll sexual reference you! :mad:

I think this may be going ever so slightly off-topic ... >_>

I was joking, you daft yoke!! :D

Jeez! ... if I started banning people coz they told me to feck off when I'd been pulling their leg to start with!!! :rolleyes: :P
    I know, but i didnt actually know you were a mod :3

Anywaaaay!
    Yeah!
    COMON BOLAND! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

boland coming up no need to worry....i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

And the point of this post is...?

And the point of this post is...?
    And the point of your post was...?
    He/She can freely express an opinion as long as it is within the rules. Which it is.
    Yes Boland is strongly tipped for this year, but i wouldnt but all of your eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Wordsworth *fingers crossed..

if all else fails i could scrap a few pages on frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I bloody hope its not boland ¬¬ Can't stand her

• Advertisement

I'd suggest at this stage a minimum of 3 poets. My eggs are in the female basket along with Frost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

I'd suggest at this stage a minimum of 3 poets. My eggs are in the female basket along with Frost :)

i got all my eggs in one basket tho :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You've already started a thread about her, we all know she's the only poet you've studied. Go and study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jenvict

I only learnt Boland so if she doesn't come up then I won't be able to answer the poetry question. I know Kavanagh and Rich but they won't come up so all my faith is in Boland coming up. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

hey out of: shadow doll and the famine road what are the public and private themes in them
    i.e is marriage considered a private theme but is suppression of women a public theme???

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

I remember a lot of my fellow students were so confident that she would come up last year, they only studied her for the poetry. Met some o them after the exam, they were so pale because she didn't come up. The other female poet came up. At least ye lads didn't have to study Elliot :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bobzer77

Boland was tipped for last year and didn't make an appearance, there were lots of tears back then too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Boland was more than tipped for last year. She's the reason many people are repeating the LC this time around. I just hope people have learned from last year but it doesn't seem to be the case (on here and from talking to friends doing it).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

THFC wrote: »
    Boland was more than tipped for last year. She's the reason many people are repeating the LC this time around.

Really? I doubt that many people were banking so heavily on one poet that it would cost them their college course. Every year it happens that something doesn't come up that's tipped, last year certainly wasn't first and won't be the last. It's not like I'm saying don't rely on predictions, I certainly relied on them to some extent last year, but studying one poet only is madness. Boland wasn't the only tipped poet last year, Yeats, Kavanagh, Elliot and Boland were the tipped poets, and 3 of them came up, so those who had their performance worsened by there not being Boland on the paper probably only studied one poet, which considering there's 8, is far from sensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Really? I doubt that many people were banking so heavily on one poet that it would cost them their college course. Every year it happens that something doesn't come up that's tipped, last year certainly wasn't first and won't be the last. It's not like I'm saying don't rely on predictions, I certainly relied on them to some extent last year, but studying one poet only is madness. Boland wasn't the only tipped poet last year, Yeats, Kavanagh, Elliot and Boland were the tipped poets, and 3 of them came up, so those who had their performance worsened by there not being Boland on the paper probably only studied one poet, which considering there's 8, is far from sensible.
    Well, last year in Yeats the english teacher in there told everyone that she was 99% sure that Boland was coming up. I personally know a few that left the english exam before an hour went, and as a result didn't get their first choice. If doesn't just affect your poetry question, it would throw off your whole paper.

Advertisement