Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

misses eavan boland??

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

Really? I doubt that many people were banking so heavily on one poet that it would cost them their college course. Every year it happens that something doesn't come up that's tipped, last year certainly wasn't first and won't be the last. It's not like I'm saying don't rely on predictions, I certainly relied on them to some extent last year, but studying one poet only is madness. Boland wasn't the only tipped poet last year, Yeats, Kavanagh, Elliot and Boland were the tipped poets, and 3 of them came up, so those who had their performance worsened by there not being Boland on the paper probably only studied one poet, which considering there's 8, is far from sensible.

Thats the thing tho...some people believed the hype that Boland was a dead set and somewhat stupidly learned her exclusively. I know someone who STILL wrote Boland because they had no alternative. Some people were really devistated that she wasn't on the paper.

Just heard there that she was on this year. A Shnaky attendant spilled the beans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bubbly2

Oh God no, any idea if Dickinson or Woodsworth came up, they were expecting Boland with a very hard vague question though...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well I imagine people would be shook up about it, it's rare that somebody doesn't sometimes take a chance when they run out of time, banking that predictions will be correct, but relying on just one poet is ludacris. Of course we can have one poet that we hope will come up, last year I covered 4 in detail, and another one just in case, and was hoping for Boland or Yeats. If Boland or Yeats didn't come up, I could have answered on one of the other 3 I covered.

But there's no such thing as a dead set in the leaving cert. Remember that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

Havent heard anything else...I suppose you're right...being expected her question is bound to have a few twists and turns....the craters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Gavarn

"Boland's reflective insights are expressed through her precise use of language."

Write response to this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

That was the Question, I didn't do it as I done Dickinson instead which also came up and I prefer Dickinson :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seanh12

The question on Dickinson was ALOT more broad than the one on Boland! Learned them both..Happy out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

YES I LOVE YOU BOLAND. I seen this topic before I went to school and the exact thing I studied came up. Can't even say how happy I am tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

She came up alright but i opted for Dickinson instead!

Advertisement