Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkie Donedeal

• 06-06-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, new to posting on boards.

Just came across this advert on Donedeal. What do people make of it? Condition of poor dog, main pic is awful if that is how this poor dog is living. is that animal waste in the picture?:mad:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2226834

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

mc155 wrote: »
    What do people make of it?
    What id make of of it is...sad! Fullstop.

I wouldnt spend €550 on a dog advertised in such a ridiculously poor manner. I wouldnt spend that money on any dog tbh knowing the amount of dogs needing rehoming in this country.It "looks" relatively in ok condition but everything about that ad screams "money maker" to me. Donedeal wrecks my head.:mad:

My god, in this day and age why are people still willing to spend that amount of money on an animal that is portrayed in such a poor way?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Do they actually think that some chump will pay €550 for a dog off donedeal with no papers? that's ridiculous....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

This one's good as well: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2211001
    Beautiful Jack Russell X Chihuahua puppies for sale.2 male and 4 female.They are 4 weeks now and will be ready to go in 4 weeks.Reared with kids and have been wormed since 2 weeks.Mother is a full small breed Jack Russell and their father is a small Chihuahua/Jack Russell. Both parents have a lovely temperment.

Price: €1,300

€1300 for a mongrel? NICE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Sad thing is most likely some edjit is probably going to pay that amount of money for her so that will only encourage him to breed/buy more dogs to sell on. I'v seen dogs in worse body condition on there but if that's her kennel thats pretty poor living conditions for a tiny yorkie. :( And all that poo means there's way more than 1 dog there.

As for the jack russell x 'chihuahua' pups, €1,300 is what I would be expecting to pay for a purebred chihuahua pup from a reputable breeder who health tests and shows. Presuming that the 2 adult dogs in the photos are the parents, one is definitely a jrt but the other is either a very very poorly bred chihuahua or a chihuahua x, to me he doesn't look like a purebred chihuahua at all.

Oh wait hold on just read it properly the father is a jrt x chi so these pups aren't even 1st generation chi crosses! :eek: I hope thats a typo and they added in an extra 0 because no edjit will pay that amount of money for what is technically a mutt (not that I'v anything against mutts, my own dog is a mutt but I didn't pay €1,300 for him! :eek:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Smeefa wrote: »
    This one's good as well: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2211001

€1300 for a mongrel? NICE
    Im actually cracking up laughing here. Are they for real????? If anyone pays €1300 for a mongrel then i would actually worry about their IQ level. €1300 for a jack russell mix :D:D:D funniest thing ive seen in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Maybe the ad for the Yorkie just makes it look worse than it is, and maybe the Yorkie actually is only outside for a short time everyday, and isn't in that bad condition . . . but you'd think they'd use really good pics and make it look better :rolleyes: and €550 is crazy . . .

And that must be a typo about the €1300! That's crazy . . . maybe if it was a cross of two really expensive breeds, but still . . . not for a jack russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

Hi I have been in contact with someone who purchased a yorkie in Carlow via DoneDeal and she is horrified at the conditions in which the dogs are kept. She took a pup as she felt sorry for it and I have asked her to put all this info on boards to highlight the problems associated with buying dogs like this. I contacted DoneDeal on her behalf and have been informed of the following:
    Thanks for contacting us. Sorry to hear this lady had this experience, it is imperative that this lady contact us so we can identify this publisher. She will need to contact the SPCA representative closest to where this person was, they would be the correct authorities to investigate this further, we will naturally be happy to assist their investigation in anyway possible.

We are all dog lovers here at DoneDeal and we try hard to make sure puppy farmers do not get to use our site. We also work hard to promote and educate our users on responsible dog ownership:
    http://petaware.ie/

DoneDeal is Ireland's biggest web site for buying and selling dogs. However, as soon as we identify someone selling too many dogs they are blocked from using our web site ever again.

We restrict the number of dog ads anyone can advertise on our site at any one time. For more information please refer to our puppy farming policy:
    http://help.donedeal.ie/info/dog-policy

If you see any ads that you feel may be a puppy farmer, please click on the link "Report Ad" in the blue box. All ads reported to us are thoroughly investigated and their ads are removed, where appropriate, and the person blocked from using DoneDeal again.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Smeefa wrote: »
    This one's good as well: €1300 for a mongrel? NICE
    People used to give away Mungrels. Nowpeople are selling them.

Advertisement