Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strobe lights

• 06-06-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Guys, I need your help.

I need to replace some bulbs on our Ambulance and haven't a breeze where to get them.

We have an 02 Wilker Transit and need to replace one of the grill mounted strobe bulbs and some of the bulbs on the strobes on the rear.

Anyone got any idea where i can get them? Im Dublin based but the ambo is in need of a drive :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Guys, I need your help.

I need to replace some bulbs on our Ambulance and haven't a breeze where to get them.

We have an 02 Wilker Transit and need to replace one of the grill mounted strobe bulbs and some of the bulbs on the strobes on the rear.

Anyone got any idea where i can get them? Im Dublin based but the ambo is in need of a drive :D

company in Clara Co Ofally, do them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

SP Services perhaps!

http://www.spservices.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EMSCHAP

Some of those strobes are no longer available, but Wilker in Clara, Co Offaly, may be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Thanks for all the help, have sourced them!

Now for some fundraising to be able to afford them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

How much are they if you don't mind me asking ?

Also, if you need a hand fitting them I am not too bad with a few tools !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

msg11 wrote: »
    How much are they if you don't mind me asking ?

Also, if you need a hand fitting them I am not too bad with a few tools !

Guts of €500 for 5 lights. Can't replace bulbs but replace whole unit !

Pm me with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

stg.b

Have you also tried Primo coachworks, they always have old units about the place for breaking/refurb etc.
    ( http://www.primocoachworks.com/home ) + give AiT autofit a call see if they have some. ( http://www.aitmedicalsupplies.ie/emergencyvehiclelighting/index.htm )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

had to replace lights on a Wilker Transit before got them for half that price in Patron in Baldyole - http://www.patron.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Ouch! €500 - if you bought 5 LED heads new it would cost you half the price and you wouldn't have to worry about bulbs. Also look better and brighter.

Give a mechanic €50 and he'll extend the positive cabling going to the strobe power supply direct to the LED. Had it done a year ago - well worth it.

Check out EVS in UK: http://www.emergencyequipmentshop.co.uk/grille-deck-lights-c-37.html?osCsid=0ef679f14abd35bea972b3e61c760e16

SR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Whilst led's are brighter at night, their hopeless during the day especially in sunlight. Look at any of our WAS vehicles & on a bright day you'd be pushed to see the leds when their switched on. The old strobes we had were way better day or night.

Only advantage to led's is that they draw less amps than strobes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

buzzman wrote: »
    Whilst led's are brighter at night, their hopeless during the day especially in sunlight. Look at any of our WAS vehicles & on a bright day you'd be pushed to see the leds when their switched on. The old strobes we had were way better day or night.

Only advantage to led's is that they draw less amps than strobes

Are yer white front lights (in the light bar) strobes or LEDs?? They are very effective.

Even in our job the most effective ES light, in my opinion, is the alternating headlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

NGA wrote: »
    Are yer white front lights (in the light bar) strobes or LEDs?? They are very effective.

Even in our job the most effective ES light, in my opinion, is the alternating headlights.

In the 06 WAS vehicles onwards their LED's. 05 back they were strobes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

NGA wrote: »

Agree, any white light seems to stand out the most - including the white LED's on the HSE ambos.

In fairness though, the new AGS cars are well lit!

Our Coast Guard vehicles aren't too bad also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

We've a new wilker ducato ambu in Naas and it completely lit with LEDS and its fitted with wig wags afaik.

Looks the job when its going :D

Advertisement