Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McSavage

• 06-06-2011 11:41pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know he's had his fair share of berating here, but I for one would like to pay homage to him.. His show is effing hillarious, really gave me a giggle this evening.. :D fair play!!! good stuff.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xzanti wrote: »
    I know he's had his fair share of berating here, but I for one would like to pay homage to him.. His show is effing hillarious, really gave me a giggle this evening.. :D fair play!!! good stuff.

The man is blue-mouldy for the want of a kick in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Looks like McSavage may have hacked xzanti's boards.ie account :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

He's the best comedian on Irish TV. Probably too truthful for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

His stand up isn't up to much, but the Savage Eye is a work of comedy art!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The guy is a creep.
    Very smug.
    Not funny.
    Doing comedy that's outdated years ago.
    Hate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Regularly told I am "easily amused"

However this guy fails to even make me smirk
    I just dont get it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

I love The Savage Eye and think it is some of the best and bravest stuff RTE have put out...ever, but his stand up is not good and he himself comes across quite badly in interviews

Just in case anybody forgets..he set a solicitor on boards.ie a while back over a thread that he himself started that didnt quite go his way.

He doesnt deserve the oxygen of publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

Degsy wrote: »
    Just in case anybody forgets..he set a solicitor on boards.ie a while back over a thread that he himself started that didnt quite go his way.

do you have a link to that thread?

optogirl wrote: »
    do you have a link to that thread?

Nah..it rumbled on for ages then got deleted..the man's a coward and a ratbag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

He is hilarious, quite good live too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

He's the best comedian on Irish TV. Probably too truthful for many people.

And that, Mr. Kent, is the sad truth of Irish television.

The man is sorely unfunny.

I don't really give a shít if he came across like a goon on Boards (wouldn't be the first to do that :pac:)or if people here don't like him because he invaded their territory. The Savage Eye is funny and the man is good at what he does (as long as it is not stand-up).

The Savage Eye is funny and the man is good at what he does (as long as it is not stand-up).

Stand-up is what he does and does badly.

The savage eye is scripted to buggery by other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Don't rate him at all, prob the worst standup on the Irish circuit!!

Savage Eye does have a couple of good sketches but mostly muck

Stand-up is what he does and does badly.

The savage eye is scripted to buggery by other people.

I think people on Boards have a ridiculous attitude towards him because of those threads. His stand up is OK and The Savage Eye is brilliant, especially the 1st series. Of course others are involved but he is obviously an intergral part in the preparation and execution of The Savage Eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What happened? Did he sue the website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Mr.S wrote: »
    Never seen a proper live show but god he was annoying when he was on grafton street/temple bar. Surprised he didn't get decked by what he said to some passers by.

The annoying part was seeing him 2-3x per week and seeing the exact same show, 'off the cuff' jokes and remarks. And all the fools lapping it up and clapping like hungry seals...

"If you think you might be gay clap your hands..." was funny the first time I saw it, amusing the second time, and after that it just got old - so baiscally I was sick of it after one weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I saw his stand-up in Drogheda a few years ago, it was the typical smart-ass
    Guitar-comic yawn affair. But "The Savage Eye" is the funniest thing I've seen
    on TV in since The Office.

Ireland is in dire need of people to send-up/take the mick out of all
    those celebs who made it big during the good times.

A lot of the talking heads and panelists in the media are always banging on about
    "Do you think the Irish are racist/repressed/drunkards because of:

British Rule
    The Church
    The Famine
    etc...

He poked fun at this in his show when no-one else was doing it on RTE, we
    desperately need more of this current affairs comedy.

He should release "The Savage Eye" on DVD as soon as possible, he'd put
    a good wedge away for his pension from that.

He should release an action figure of the northern Irish character he does
    that says "Stick it in the pan" It should have a chord that you pull and he
    says a phrase. The figure should be complete with the big long arm and
    lurid green outfit. I'd buy 2 - one to play with and one to put away as a collectors item.

He should have ringtones and funny phrases for sale on iTunes, he'd
    make a fortune.

I know I sound mad, but I really like the show!

And more Series of "The Savage Eye" on RTE soon!

Hanley wrote: »
    The annoying part was seeing him 2-3x per week and seeing the exact same show, 'off the cuff' jokes and remarks. And all the fools lapping it up and clapping like hungry seals...

"If you think you might be gay clap your hands..." was funny the first time I saw it, amusing the second time, and after that it just got old - so baiscally I was sick of it after one weekend.

Do you know many comedians who do completely different shows each day? Even if he is doing it on the street, he is still doing his act. It probably isn't intended for the same few people to look at over and over.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »

Eh all comedians rehash their shows. Just because he was doing his on the street doesn't mean it will be any different to any other comic doing their routine.

His routine...the clue is in the word.

It probably isn't intended for the same few people to look at over and over.

Just as well because seeing it once is enough for most people...and how he hasnt had the shiit kicked out of him a hundred times is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭emmabee

Went to see him at the Vodafone comedy festival last night and I must say you couldnt be more wrong about his stand up being poxy. He had the crowd in stitches! even called himself a C*nt. Anyone who does that is A-okay in my book! :p

Advertisement