Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog barking@night

• 06-06-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

First post in this section :D:D

Were i live there are dogs next door 2 doors down and behind us.

so basically these dogs bark mad during the day which doesnt bother me but at night they go mad and are often left outside all night.

my dog goes out does his business then we let him in for the night so as not to bother people at night

what are the rules regarding dogs barking at night in a rural area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Have you tried to speak with the owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

neighbours next door yes,works sometimes others no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

A few years ago i went out for 3 hrs and left my balcony door open and my dog in the apartment. I came home to 3 reeeally angry notes stuck/put under my door from my neighbours because she barked apparently non stop for that time.It was 11pm...so while late, wasnt very late...but still i understood.

I felt so bad and wrote a note to the neighbours apologising the next day and it never happened again. I get it!

Theres a tolerance level with most people regardless if they're animal lovers or haters. Dogs barking for a long period of time equals noise pollution and i would challenge even hardcore dog lovers to put up with a dog barking long term without intervening. Yes, you have to be tolerant of your neighbours but it basically constitutes "noise pollution" regardless if its a barking dog or a 5am party.

You have to be more forceful...my neighbours weren't shy of complaining!You were nice the first time...be less nice the second time and on the third time...well...!!! I love dogs but if ive given someone 3 chances to change their situation and they didnt do anything...id be steppin it up!

Advertisement