Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming addiction!!

• 07-06-2011 12:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭

I have heard a few bizzare stories of people being addicted to gaming and online gaming.
    I remember hearing of a lad who was obsessed with football manager that his parents had to get him help after they discovered he was pacing up and down his bedroom wearing a suit, thinking it was real.

Here is another bizzare story.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/teenager-kills-girl-feed-video-game-habit-232801135.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Plenty of holes to pick in this. Firstly, the kid was obviously mentally ill, I would say beyond gaming addiction. If it was just about getting money you would surely steal rather than murder for a set of ear rings!
    Second, why should governments get involved? Parents of under 18's need to moderate how long their children play and adult gamers addicted need, like alcoholics, to realise it and seek help. State should have nothing more to do with it than they currently do.
    Thirdly, I'd love to see the evidence for estimating 20-30% of gamers are addicted. That's at least 1 in 5. I know anecdotal evidence ain't worth much but I can't say I know anyone with a gaming addiction and know plenty of gamers. I just can't believe it's that addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

That story is just a bunch of facts thrown together in a nonsensical way, or what we call around here "Stupid Talk". Well done Sky News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Getting a bit worried about junior meself.

Advertisement