Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marcelo Garcia Thanks Steven Seagal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Haha, bit of light hearted sarcasm from Garcia me thinks. He should have opened a bottle of mountain dew while he was at it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭dardis

Marcelo is the man

Hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Legend! He looked great at the Mundials! Flawless technique in a tough division, didn't have a point scored him all day. Seems like a funny guy, has anyone seen his Borat impression? It's hilarious. Class act.

It was clearly a joke aswell, you should probably put that in your article.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

WTF this has to be a joke!

Havent you heard of the Segalotine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Regardless of his talent, Seagal is a fat mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

"Seagalotine" Brilliant!

You're right tis a joke all right but I just didn't think it would transcend Ed Soares, Anderson Silva and Machida to the grappling world. There are trolling this guy at a very elite level! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Dermighty wrote: »

Talent? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Killme00 wrote: »
    Havent you heard of the Segalotine?

I will exclusively be referring to guillotines as this henceforth.

• Advertisement

Dermighty wrote: »

Bit harsh there!

I mean IF he took those specs off he could probably so some damage :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

I mean IF he took those specs off he could probably so some damage :-)

Only to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet......

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Only to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet......

Brilliant :-)

Does anybody rank his Akido?

I know nothing of the MA but I believe he is well respected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I think he is the only/first non Japanese person to get an 8th dan or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Does anybody rank his Akido?

I know nothing of the MA but I believe he is well respected?

No, not for the grade he has and ehhhhh no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

He saved the daughter of a japanese teacher and then married her and as is tradition he was considered the son of the japanese teacher through marraige and took over his dojo when he retired or died.

ryoishin wrote: »
    He saved the daughter of a japanese teacher

ha ha... the Seagull you've got to love him for all the stories :D but I've never heard that one before.

I heard that he followed Miyako Fujitani to Japan to avoid the army and only passed his blackbelt because the examiner fell asleep while he was doing his exam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

There do seem to be a crazy amount of stories about Segal knocking around. My favourite is the one with Gene Lebelle.

Hey MeaveD,

His ex-japanese wife now heads the dojo and wrote a book about her marriage to him. She hates him with a vengance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Diab Soule

There do seem to be a crazy amount of stories about Segal knocking around. My favourite is the one with Gene Lebelle.

I like that one too.

I believe one of the guys from Black House (Machida & Anderson's team) has admitted that they started bringing in Seagal as a publicity stunt.

http://www.fightmania.com/mma-news/steven-segal-did-not-help-anderson-silva/

• Advertisement

ryoishin wrote: »
    Hey MeaveD,

His ex-japanese wife now heads the dojo and wrote a book about her marriage to him. She hates him with a vengance.

Yeah, I knew that...did you read it? :)

Not the book but they had a few chapters out of it in Budo International.

do tell?

"According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since."

"According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since."

Feckin hillarious - keep them coming lads I'll throw them up on the site :-)

Advertisement