Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC mulling new tour & album

Options
  • 07-06-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

AC/DC may tour and release a new album to celebrate their 40th anniversary next year.

Brian Johnson, lead singer for the 'Back in Black' rockers – which also includes brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd - said they are set to get together to see "how we're feeling" about moving forward with the band, though he admitted they never like to work to deadlines.

He said: "I'm going to see the boys and we'll probably have a little pow wow and a chat to see how we're feeling. We never ever say, 'We're going in the studio January next year,' if you do that you're straight under pressure, and we've never worked like that.

"We've always been very easy going. We're like migrating birds, we smell the air and scratch our arses and say, 'Hmm think it's time.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

please let them come back :D

had one of the best nights of my life when I seen them at Punchestown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

wow 40 years! Would love to see them again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Been ages since I seen them..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Come back lads! Saw them last time but not in the O2. I'd love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

punchestown gig was a big letdown for me , they are getting on a bit and they seemed to play everythi ng real slow , i couldnt get into the groove of any of the songs bar maybe dog eat dog....and angus' 20 minute long "solo" was boring as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

....and angus' 20 minute long "solo" was boring as hell.

Ah sure Brian needs a rest during shows,he's older than my Da'!!

Johnson hinted early in the last tour that it may be their last. Maybe its success and the 'tour on your own schedule' worked for them and they feel they could do it again. I wouldn't say no tbh. Seen them 3 times on the last tour,indoors at MSG & The Point being the best. The weather,pain in the arse travelling and outdoor setting meant Punchestown being one of my least favourite shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Shryke wrote: »
    Come back lads! Saw them last time but not in the O2. I'd love that.
    Big regret not seeing them at 02!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

They should do an album in their own good time. Would prefer a Black Ice effort far more than a Stiff Upper Lip effort.

Anyway it's good to hear they're still in the game. There's no reason why they can't keep some kind of show on the road for another decade. Unless BJ's vocal chords give out completely! Maybe he needs more tracks like Stormy May Day to be able to sustain live performances. In fact, there'd be nothing wrong with AC/DC adapting to a more blues style performance in their late years. BJ in a rocking chair anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carlovonsexron

it would be great if they came back to this part of the world, i was on crutches for the gig in punchestown:mad:

Advertisement