Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you call this kind of photo??

• 07-06-2011 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

Just looking for the name of it so I know what to Google!

I've seen photos where the same person appears multiple times in the same image.

What do you call those?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

double or more exposure if its film?
    f6a9ad1d2d8e91d07ca82a63e2d8abe86348e7.jpg
    from http://www.lomography.com/photos/tags/15444-double-exposure/13453829

or it can be when you leave a camera on a tripod and fire a few shots of a person moving around and later photoshop them together? try the term cloning in photoshop

kiwi1.jpg
    googled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Without seeing an example it could be a number of things - as mentioned by S&S above it could be a double exposure, or digitally enhanced.

It could also be a long exposure, and using a flash to "Freeze" the subject in the places where the flash is popped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I love doing these, I do them in one exposure in the pitch dark.

DSC_7127.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

I have a gallery of them here:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/mawktheone/WhoYaGonaCall#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Multiple exposure for the sharp images, such as second posted by spinandscribble and long such as first.

The multiple exposure is a spin off from the double exposure of film days whereby a filter such as this would be attached to the lens
    300371460520_0.jpg the photographer would be very careful to ensure that the scene has remained unchanged and camera not moved, only thing to move would be the black part of the filter. The photo would be developed by the respective halfs of the following two exposures, note I have not got a clue about developing and terms so it may be explained better.

In this digital era it is much easier, in fact I do it myself with bridal couples from time to time not even using a tripod. Example: (only one of mine I can find quickly online at the minute
    38881_1505685612076_1532348992_2043072_4836401_n.jpg
    the method I use would be to open the first picture and cut the area of the groom for the next and layer into the pic with both, then cut the bride out of the picture of her behind the tree and layer into the first, I would smooth out the edges to ensure it is as natural looking as possible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

@smelltheglove, would that type of shot be popular with brides and grooms these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

man, that stroboscope stuff is awesome. ima build me one of them!

If you have a decent flash it can probably do multi flash. Find a subject and a dark room. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

4066494682_ff797cdfbd_b.jpg

If this is what you mean its easy enough. Just do a panorama shot and get the person to move into eaqch shot. later auto stitch in photshop. I call it 'auto-stitchy-multi-movey-person --swivle photography'

Heh, reminds me of this one I took:
    65E7C984C2F5405D9CE3D42F7BB34499-1200.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Jimdagym wrote: »
    @smelltheglove, would that type of shot be popular with brides and grooms these days?

Yeah actually, mainly for the gigle factor though really! Not my fav but they like it so I do it when we have time.

Advertisement