Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing a minimum requirement but getting required points.

• 07-06-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

What do you do? Can you just repeat the subject you failed the year previous provided you're not using it for points.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yes you can (unless you're hoping to do medicine), but bear in mind that the points can go up and while you may have the required points this year, they may go up and you won't have the required points next year. Your points can only be calculated from one sitting of the LC, but subject requirements can be spread across multiple sittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

Ok, thanks alot just making sure, not that I plan on failing my ordinary level subjects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 2K11

Hi I kind of wanted to ask a question so I'll just ask it here, I'm doing OL in most of my subjects and looking in doing Hotel and Catering, It was usually 140 points but last year the requirement was 200 but It says a minimum requirement for this year is 140

If I was to get that but not 200, Can I still get into the course? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sharmadd

2K11 wrote: »
    Hi I kind of wanted to ask a question so I'll just ask it here, I'm doing OL in most of my subjects and looking in doing Hotel and Catering, It was usually 140 points but last year the requirement was 200 but It says a minimum requirement for this year is 140

I think though that it is best that you aim for that 200 or higher to secure yourself in that course. You know what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭OldSchool94

2K11 wrote: »

I'm going at that course too except i need 250 points or higher!...lucky for some!
    Get over 200 as the more points you have the more of a chance you have of getting in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fred09

i thought it was if you dont pass a requirement but get the points you are accepted for the next year once you pass that requirement the next year?

Advertisement